Thimble Thoughts: What A Night!

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

What A Night!

Why does everything happen at 2:30 in the morning? Have you every noticed that? Last night......at 2:30 in the morning.......my husband jumped out of bed and started pulling the covers back. "Hon, we have a spider in the bed." On came the light. I just laid there and let him hunt for it, UNTIL he said, "Oh NO!" That got me up and out of bed for sure. I didn't see what he was seeing, but he grabbed my pillow and trapped the mysterious creature while I ran to our bathroom and grabbed a gob of toilet paper to catch it. When I came back Bruce acted like he wasn't sure what to do. He held the pillow down tightly with one hand and took the toilet paper with the other. "Get it," I yelled! He lifted the pillow and to my amazement, something about three inches long squiggled...yes, squiggled...up the bed. But Bruce was quick. He grabbed it with the toilet paper and began to crunch it...EWWWW! Know what it was?




Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A milipede....this is not the one. Oh dear, no. This picture I snagged from the Internet. But it was indeed a milipede in our bed. How he got in the house, we have no idea. Snuck in while the doors were opened...came in on the children's shoes...who knows?

It bit him on the arm and left a nasty little place. But he's OK. However, after flushing the ugly thing down the toilet, Bruce said he had the"...super ultra willies..." At first he wouldn't put his feet back under the covers. Finally he did. But not before sitting up in bed for thirty minutes and continually checking under the covers, pillows, floor, walls, ceilings, etc. Poor guy! I, on the other hand, nestled back into my sleeping position happy that the milipede was caught and that I had something to blog about.

On a sadder note, I was on the phone with my mother this morning when Hannah came to me with tear filled eyes holding her Guinea Pig, Fudge. She told me he wasn't breathing but it never registered with her that he was actually dead. The night before he was fine. He was playful and quick. We suspect that he very well could have been poisoned by his food, which of course is made with wheat products. We were very sad. I was especially sad for Hannah since it was just little over a month that Tom died. Hannah adores her pets and takes very good care of them. Her little heart is broken. She had bought some hamster treats, which also contain the wheat products, so we have removed those from Peanut's cage and are keeping a close eye on him. And of course, we are watching Tipsy as well.

The good news for today is that Harrison's reading is still getting better. I'm so proud of him. He still has areas where he struggles, but he's doing very good considering where he was at the beginning of the year and even just a few months ago.

I guess that's all the news I have for today. Hope y'all have a great Wednesday.

Labels: , ,