Thimble Thoughts: This And That

Monday, March 26, 2007

This And That

This is a this and that post. I decided I would share some pictures that I've taken in the last month so you could see what we've been up to.........we've been very bored. LOL

I discovered that the well-known sports commentator, Greg Gumbel, looks like a Cabbage Patch Doll.




My friend, Rebecca, gave my mother this beautiful tea set. Rebecca saved it from being sent to garbage and thought mom would like it. She was wrong. Mom LOVED it.


We recently had supper with mom and dad and played UNO with them. Take my advice and never play UNO with the men in my family. They all cheat by hiding cards.


Although, Bruce isn't as good as hiding them as dad and Justin.


Hannah played basketball with Tipsy. Well, Hannah tried to play basketball, but Tipsy wanted to play catch with the basketball.


Bruce made these neat totes. It's made like an old timey tool box.


Hannah made this chicken in the crock pot. We found the recipe at one of Julie Fink's blogs. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Julie. It was soooooo good!! I took a picture of it but we let it cook a little longer and it just FELL off the bone. MMMMMMmmmmmm!


I made biscuits using real LARD that my brother gave us. They were so light and fluffy and so very yummy!! I've never used lard before, but I gotta tell ya....it makes GREAT biscuits.


I recently went with my Mother- in- law to a prayer breakfast that she had at her church. Check out that breakfast table. Isn't it beautiful?


This is my brother-in-law's new house. They just had it built, but aren't moved in just yet. We were able to take a peek in it Saturday and it is really nice. I couldn't get over the space upstiars. Whoever designed the house knew exactly how to manage the space.


Bruce also made this country style kitchen trash can.



He also made these little tool boxes. They turned out cute as could be. I thought that painted and decorated they would be cute for children to keep their crayons, scissors, etc in. OR they could hold your tools. After all.....they are tool boxes. LOL



Of course we've had Bluegrass practice at church.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
So that's a little of what we've done recently between cat funerals, Pastor's Anniversary, and youth conferences.

Labels: , , ,