Thimble Thoughts: Ho-Hum

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Ho-Hum

We're having a ho-hum day. We're on spring break.........like we needed one.........and we're all pretty well bored today. Hannah is practicing her piano lesson for tonight. Harrison is trying to find something to play with that he hasn't already played with this morning and Justin and I are getting ready to play a game of checkers together.

It's very uncommon for me to know exactly what I'm going to fix for supper until almost the last minute. But I've already decided that we're having shrimp, rice, and steamed veggies. Sound good, huh? Maybe I'll sneak out to the Japanese Restaurant and purchase a pint of shrimp sauce. I love that stuff. I have a recipe for it, but it just doesn't taste the same to me. I did find this recipe for it on the web today and had everything but the rice vinegar. So I'll have to be sure to pick up some of that and try it soon.

Last night at SIGMA, Mrs. Liz had a game for the kids that was a lot of fun and a great idea for any party. Basically, she had balloons taped to a backboard and the kids took turns throwing darts at the balloons. When/IF the balloon popped, there would be a piece of paper inside that let them know what they won. Sometimes it said LOSER, sometimes it said PRIZE, which was a bag of candy. Justin won a free meal for his next SIGMA outing. Leanna won ten dollars off our trip to Six Flags this summer. Mrs. Liz had one dollar bills in some and a five dollar bill in one. They seemed to really enjoy the game and it was fun seeing what they won. I would have to say they enjoyed this game better than any one we've played this year. Too bad I didn't have my camera. :(

For some reason Justin's checker board won't come up so we've decided not to play...how can we? Maybe we'll break out the Phase 10 cards or UNO. We love that Sorry Revenge. Have you played it?

Ohhhhhh, I guess I'll go and clean or something.....that's what Justin is doing now. He just came through with the cleaners. So off to clean up.

Ho-Hum~

Labels: