Thimble Thoughts: Happy Easter

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Happy Easter



The Victorious Message Of Easter

Easter points to one great event - the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Easter was God's vindication of our Lord's life and death. Jesus had endured anguish, agony, and death in the belief that God would not remain silent in the face of sin and injustice. Everything Jesus had taught about the real meaning of life was proven when God raised him from the dead.

The resurrection of Jesus speaks a victorious word to us today. In spite of our haunting questions and problems, Easter affirms the mighty truth that God lives in us and we in him. Easter brings us renewed assurance that God loves us with a love that is greater than any we can imagine.

May this Easter vision give us strength for victorious living every day of the year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He Is Risen!

How do I know that Christ is risen?
What proof have I to give?
He touched my life one blessed day
And I began to live.

How do I know he left the tomb
That morning long ago?
I met him just this morning
And my heart is still aglow

How do I know that endless life
He gained for me that day?
His life within is proof enough
of immortality.

How do I know that Christ still lives
Rich blessings to impart?
He walks with me along the way
And lives within my heart.

~Author Unknown

Labels: