Thimble Thoughts: What? Huh? What Did You Say?

Sunday, January 28, 2007

What? Huh? What Did You Say?

Speak up! I can't hear you!! My hearing was impaired during Saturday's Monster Jam in Greenville, SC. Let me go into a little more detail......

Our family got up Saturday morning to work in bus ministry and we were given a blessing as usual. There were two special visitors at bus church. Brother Jay Carr, who is leaving for Mississippi to train for Afghanistan. He was over there almost two years ago and is going back. My son said on the way home that he wonders who the heros were in our hero's lives. For Jay, it is wife, Paige and his two little boys for being so supportive of him and what he does for his country. Their country.

Our other special visitor was brother Dave Douglass, our missionary to South East Asia. He is leaving for a ten week stay this week and is so excited. I missed his presentation at bus church and really hated that!! But Bruce and I had an outing with the youth group.

We took the SIGMA kids to Monster Jam in Greenville, SC, and it was a lot of fun. Very loud. I was fortunate to have Justin's buddy, Jeremy, give me some ear plugs. But you still walked out with ringing in your ears. LOL I had never gone to anything like that before, and it's probably not something I would mark my calendar for every year, but I had a good time and think the kids did too. I forgot my camera *shocked* but snagged some off the Internet.

Here are a few shots of what we saw.



Basically, it's a bunch of men who never grew up, driving the biggest Hot Wheels they can build and demolishing other vehicles. Boys will be boys! LOL


The half time show was some arenacross stunts. They were really good, but I know their mother's don't watch them do these things. I nearly had a heart attack watching them myself. Honestly, they took my breath. I'm just glad Harrison wasn't there to watch it. He'd be trying it tomorrow! LOL






Sunday is our busiest day of the week. To be at the church at 4:00 every Sunday evening is the norm. So tonight I met with a group of our youth choir to go over some parts in a new song the youth choir was singing. The song is Stand For Jesus. It's absolutely beautiful. After I helped them I slipped off to teach one of the Lady's Trio ladies a couple of songs I had written and typed up the words for them. Then I hustled back out to the auditorium to go over a song with another girl that we'll be singing with the orchestra soon. After that, I went back out to the piano player for the lady's trio and he had already learned one of the songs. He's GOOD! Then I grabbed my nursery list and rounded up my nursery workers for the evening service, changed some crib sheets, made sure we had PLENTY of goldfish and animal crackers for the ankle biters, and scurried off to choir. I sang I Bowed On My Knees And Cried Holy with the choir. Presently, this is one of my Pastor's favorites. LOL

The evening service was dedicated to Jay. He had a slew of his family there and most all of them are unsaved. So it was good that they were able to be in an old fashioned service and see the Spirit of God fall on His people. At one point, one of the men in the family got up and took Jay to the alter to pray over him and the entire family (had to be thirty people at least) came and prayed with him. It was really sweet. Pastor called the veterans of our church to come up and pray over Jay. And then the young men in our Sunday school class came up and prayed over him. Us ladies prayed over his wife. Jay was certainly covered in prayer tonight.

Our Sunday school class had a send off party for him after service and we had a nice time.

Here are a few shots of that.

Obviously the cake


Jay, his son Jaythan, and Jeff


OH, this wasn't at the party, but somehow this picture got mixed up in with them. This was actually taken at the close of the service and the "Front Porch" boys, as Pastor calls them, played Sweet By and By while a love offering was being taken for Brother Douglass. That's my sweetie with the guitar on the left.


Jay's wife Paige and their youngest son, Jaythan. Their other son, Kayson, never stands still long enough for me to get his picture. LOL Pray for Kayson if you think about it. He's at an age where he really does not understand what's going on and he's going through a difficult time. His mom is really worried about him.
Brother RJ....don't ask.

Michelle and her new baby girl.
Jeff, Jay, and Bruce

Hannah's friend, and the daughter of our Sunday school teacher, Cheyenne.
The kids sure did have a good time. They found some decoration garland and decided to make a jump rope out of it.

Abey, our Sunday school teacher's daughter.
The food line
That's all folks!

Labels: ,