Thimble Thoughts: My Father Knows My Every Desire

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

My Father Knows My Every Desire

This afternoon while I was cooking supper, I received a phone call from my Dad. He said, "I'm in your town and will be at your house in fifteen minutes. Come to my truck, see what daddy has for you and give me a kiss. Then I'll leave." I laughed and told him OK. Sure enough, fifteen minutes later I heard him honking his horn in my driveway.

I ran out to the truck and he asked how much did I love him. With my arms outstretched I answered,"A whole world full," as I have done since I was a little girl. He held out his cheek for me to give him a kiss. I kissed his cheek and he reached around to his other side and pulled out a case of Berries and Cream Diet Dr. Pepper. Then drove away.


Mmmmmmm, I love Berries and Cream Diet Dr. Pepper. But I haven't been able to find it ANYWHERE for quite some time!

Tonight while he was at the store picking up some things for mom and himself, he found two cases, hidden in the very back of the shelf behind some other drinks. He bought them both, one for me and one for them. And said I didn't have to share. LOL Wasn't that just ever so sweet? Oh, I know it probably seems silly to some, but he knew that was something I loved and that I hadn't been able to find it. He also thought of me enough to purchase it for me.

It's the same with our Heavenly Father. He knows even the smallest of our heart's desires and has it in His means to supply them for us. He never forgets what we want or what we need. Sometimes we may feel as though He has forgotten or doesn't care, but then when we least expect it, He sends a visible sign that we are never from His thoughts."


"How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!"
Psalm 139:17
The Bible

Labels: ,