Thimble Thoughts: Sweet Sweet Spirit

Monday, April 24, 2006

Sweet Sweet Spirit

Good news! I lost five pounds this week. Yay!

Here's the outfit Mom bought me yesterday. I just love that shimmery green. Thanks Mom.
I need to straighten the pics on my wall, don't I? :)


There was a sweet spirit in our services today. I just love it when you see and feel the presence of the Lord in the service. The very core of your soul is touched and moved beyond this world. One of the things I love about my Pastor is that he doesn't keep a schedule during the worship service. We have a certain order of first, second, next...but sometimes, like today, you just have to forget what comes next and let God do what HE needs to do in the life and hearts of the people. There were several that testified, several that got their salvation settled, and the altars were full of people taking their burdens to the Lord or simply kneeling to thank him for how good He is.

I had toddler nursery in the evening service but watched the service on the monitor. The service had been moving much like the morning service with testimonies and people going to the altar. Pastor called a little girl out of the baby nursery to be brought before the church. She's three weeks old and the first foster child of Brother Mike and Sister Susan McCurry. A beautiful little girl that needs the love and attention that I know she'll receive from this sweet family. Pastor asked those that had adopted children or had foster expereience to come and pray over this baby and this family. It was so sweet. When the prayer had ended, Pastor held this little girl and walked her through the congregation so they could see this small life that could possibly grow up to be a great Christian woman one day. It made me thankful for my children and our Christian homelife. Please pray for this family and this little girl. And all of the children that will come in and out of this home in the months and maybe even years to come.

Labels: ,