Thimble Thoughts: School Work, Preaching and Skits!

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

School Work, Preaching and Skits!

Things were back to normal today. Very quiet. It was so wonderful. The kids did their school work at the table together, which is something they haven't done in a LONG time. It was nice having them in here together with me and they seemed to get so much done and with a happier attitude. We were able to get a lot accomplished and I was glad of that. Harrison had a difficult time concentrating this morning with his little nose running non-stop and then his throat began to hurt. So I medicated him and that pretty much zapped the rest of his concentration. Bless his heart. We were going over phonics and he just sat there with that far away look in his eyes. I just told him to go lay down for a while and he was happy to oblige.

When she was through with her school work, Hannah watched a video of Phil Kidd on the Internet. He was preaching at the Faith Baptist Camp Meeting on Eternal Life. It was a really good sermon. But I would get tickled at Hannah because the video kept pausing like every five seconds or so and she would have to keep pressing the play button. And all the while she would mumble, "stupid devil!" It was so funny.

Justin completed some of his SIGMA books tonight and turned them in. I think he has one more and he'll be finished. He's going to the tradelot one more time this Saturday and I don't know if he'll go back again. To those of you who have given him things to sell, thank you so much. He's had a really good time going and selling and always has a story to tell. ( Aunt Dessie, if you're reading this, I'll probably come by Thursday or Friday to get that stuff you laid aside for him. OK?)

I was in a skit tonight with four other ladies in our church. The skit was on modesty and it was very difficult for all of us because it was a closed skit for mothers and grandmothers of the girls in the church ages 10 and up. It's too long to go into, but please pray that it hits home. The deliverance was in love but it was straight and to the point. There were some that were upset, but we expected that. Just pray that the Lord will deal in the hearts of those that WERE upset.

I have a TERRIBLE headache. My friend, Pam, and my mother both told me it was stress from the skit. So I'm going to close this post and go to bed. Hope you all have a wonderful, restful evening.

Love ya!

Labels: