Thimble Thoughts: Keeper At Home

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Keeper At Home

I was recently reading a young friends blog on being a keeper at home. It's very good. Check it out if you like. Just click on the word blog and it will take you right to it. She has given great insight on the subject! Good job, Courtney.

Tonight our family was cracked up because supper was not what I thought it was going to be, although our pot runneth over. Let me explain...

I decided I would fix breakfast for supper and opened up a pound of bacon to fry. When I retrieved my eggs we had only five, which was a blessing because there is only five of us. So I scrambled them up. Next I started working on my gravy. I decided to try some gravy my mother gave me. It's a powder mixture and all you do is mix the package with water thoroughly and set it to the side, boil some more water in a pot and when it boils rapidly you pour the gravy mixture in and it makes the best gravy. Only I didn't realize that it was going to make so much. I have a huge pot of white pan gravy sitting on my stove and no kidding, it could feed 20 people. I don't mean a pot you fix a small can of green beans in. I mean a pot you boil a whole chicken in. I made thirty-five biscuits and as you can probably guess biscuits and gravy was our main dish. :) My husband, of course, was thrilled. He loves biscuits and gravy and has promised to pick some biscuits up on his way home from work in the morning. I'm sure we'll be eating gravy for a couple of days. Anyone have an idea for gravy?? I'm certainly open for suggestions.

Labels: