Thimble Thoughts: Park and Library

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Park and Library

Yesterday was a fairly quiet day. I had Celine and Harrison but Justin and Hannah were invited to go to Carowinds with another family in our church. They had a really good time. They both love thrill rides and will ride nearly everything in the park. Hannah was happy that she was finally just tall enough to ride the vortex. I got on the drop zone last year and cried when I got off. I was never so happy to be off of a ride in my whole life. But I would probably ride it again....maybe not. Anyway, they had fun. Thank you, Sis Janet, for including my kids on your fun day.

Harrison had birthday money so we went to ToysRUs and he bought some story reader books for his story reader and a new LeapPad book for his LeapPad and some bump 'n go rc racers. He likes those. When we came home he opened his rc racers and a bubble maching blower that Celine gave him and he played with them all afternoon until Justin and Hannah got back home. Everyone had eaten late so I didn't have to cook.

Today we went to the park for a picnic and as we turned the corner coming in, there were my parents sitting under the shelter. They knew we were going and decided to surprise us. They surely did and it was a nice surprise. Then Sis Pam and her two children, Caleb and Nicole, showed up. The kids had a ball playing and were FILTHY when we left the park to go to the library. They were covered in dirt from head to toe. But oh, did they have FUN!

Next Tuesday the library will be having Benjamin Franklin. He's going to talk to the children about his love for reading and talk about his printing press. We're planning on going to that so I'll take pictures.

Right now I'm going to lay down for about 20 minutes and then I'm going to start supper. Hope you have a great
evening!

Labels: