Thimble Thoughts: He's Not Here

Saturday, April 15, 2006

He's Not Here

Our day began at 5:30 this morning. The kids had spent the night with my parents and Bruce and I were going to pick up our oldest son, Justin, from their house to go to the trade lot. But as we were backing the van out of our driveway, there was a big puddle where we had been parked and a trail of something following us to where we were sitting. Bruce got out and bent down to smell it. It was gas. Uh oh! He had a problem with the gas line a while back and it looked like maybe it was happening again. So he bent down to look under the van and when he popped back up his right arm was toally saturated in gas. Good thing he doesn't smoke. :) So anyway! we turned the van off and came back inside. He took a shower and crawled back in bed until the light of day so he could see to work on the van and I stayed up to do some laundry that I had been neglecting.

Since Bruce would be working on the van I decided to go on over to my parent's home and spend some Easter time with them and the kids. Mom and Hannah and I went shopping. Since Hannah already had her Easter outfit, she critiqued the outfits mother and I chose. She has a good eye for color and matching things. She did buy herself the cutest hat. I've never been a hat person. But she looked really cute in this one. It's a white derby style hat with a green band in the front and a burgendy flower pinned to the side. It's so cute!

When we finished shopping, we found a shoe store and were very successful there. Then it was back to Mom and Dad's for lunch where we were pleasantly surprised to see Bruce. He had fixed the gas line and was able to come there for a visit. I was glad to see him. Daddy fixed meat loaf for meat loaf sandwiches, only it fell apart and was more like meat mush. We slapped it on a hamburger bun and it was good. Mom and Justin didn't care for it. But I liked it all right. Daddy adds two ingredients to everything he cooks....ketchup and hot pepper seeds. So it was somewhat spicy. I'm sure I'll pay for it later. I've been getting heartburn lately and this was a definite recipe for one. Thanks Dad.

Bruce left Mom and Dad's to go see his mother who is very ill right now. Please pray for her. The boys and I came home and I dropped them off to go back to Wal Mart and find Bruce a tie. He needed a light blue solid and there was only ONE in the store and it was in the hands of another woman. So I prayed, "Lord, please let her put that tie down!! Please!!" And she did!!!!! I grabbed it before she changed her mind. Gotta be quick, you know. It's a beautiful light blue silk. Very nice. :) Yes, I thanked the Lord. Hannah stayed with Daddy so she could go to the rest home ministry tonight. She should be back any moment.

I hope you all have a wonderful Easter celebrating the resurrection of Christ.

"And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door and sat upon it. His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow: And for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead men. And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified. He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay."
Matthew 28: 2-6

Labels: