Thimble Thoughts: Gotta Love That Wal Mart!!

Monday, April 10, 2006

Gotta Love That Wal Mart!!

It's 12:30 AM and we just got home from Wal Mart. When there is no time in the day, you can always go at night.

The only thing bad about going this late are all the guys running the buffer machines you have to dodge because they will NOT dodge you!! It's like running down the field for a touchdown. And if you DO have to be in one of the buffer's way, they look at you like, "What are you doing here this late, anyway?" It's a 24 hr store and I need a chocolate fix! I'm kidding. I really don't care about chocolate that much, but I did have some things I needed to buy.

I needed to purchase some things for Harrison's birthday which is tomorrow....Or rather today, now. I bought some things for his cake and some ice cream. I have this pampered chef mixing bowl that comes with a cake recipe and you can bake the cake in the mixing bowl cutting it in half to make a football cake. I haven't decided if I'm going to try it since I've never attempted one, but I might. Before he went to bed he said he would like chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast in the morning, so that will be on the menu for sure and for certain.

Hannah started reading a new book today called The Children Of Mount Vernon by Miriam Anne Bourne. It is a guide to Washington's home and true stories of events that took place in the lives of Washington's children and grandchildren. When we play hide and seek we just count and say,"Ready or not, here I come." But when they played this all time favorite game, they said:

One a bin, two a bin
three a bin, four
five a bin, six a bin
seven give o'er.
A bunch of pins,
prick my shins
A loaf of bread,
come knock me down.
I'm coming!
Apparently, there was no talent for rhyme back then. But hey, as long as they gave the warning they were coming, right? I just think it's interesting to learn how children got along in those days. As well as adults. These are my favorite kind of books to read.

Labels: