Thimble Thoughts: Mother Day

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Mother Day

I had the opportunity to visit with both my Mother and my Mother-in-law today. That was nice.

My Mother is leaving for a trip to Washington in the morning with our Senior Saints from church. She is so very excited. I'm excited for her. I know she'll have a wonderful time. When 911 occured, they stopped the tours of Congress and the Capitol, but a man in our church was able to pull some strings and they will be able to tour. Isn't that wonderful? She's taking her camera and hoping to get some good pictures for me to share with you here. She asked if she happened to see President Bush and Hilary Clinton if I wanted her to take a picture of them. Of course I do. I thought I could use the pictures on this blog and title the post, "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly." Ha!

My Mother-in-law came to see the new furniture and floor. She hadn't seen them except on the blog. She loved it. I knew she would. She stayed and ate tacos and cookies and cream ice cream with us. Then we visited for a while. It was nice because we hadn't seen her in some time.

I was able to speak to my friend, Rachel, today. I haven't been able to speak to her in what seems like forever. We laughed and giggled and it was so good to talk to her. Her baby girl's birthday was today. She's 22. Happy Birthday Courtney!! It was also good to talk to my friend, Debbie, yesterday. And then last week, my friend, Jennie. All three of these women are true and special friends. I wish we all lived closer together. But God has placed us in different places for a reason. I'm hoping He'll put our mansions together in Heaven. :)

I found out today that I'll be losing my little Celine this week. :( I was going to be losing her anyway because her mother is expecting and was going to quit around the time the baby was due, but God saw fit for her to be at home now. I'm glad that she will be able to be home, but I have to tell you, I'm going to miss Celine. She's been a blessing while I have had the honor of watching her. I'll miss her dearly!

Well, that's it for today. Have a great evening!

Labels: