Thimble Thoughts: DC and Weddings

Saturday, April 08, 2006

DC and Weddings

I wasn't able to post yesterday and I missed it very much. But that allows me more to write about today.

I spoke with my mother last night and she had visited Arlington Cemetery, Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam Memorial and Washington Monument. While they were at the Washington Monument there was a military band there playing military music and they ended with the National Anthem. Mom said it was very moving and brought tears to her eyes. I don't know if they were going to do any sight seeing today, but I know she should be home this evening. I Can't wait to see her. I know she'll have some good stories to tell.

Harrison had a birthday party to go to last night for a little boy in our church. Happy Birthday, Caleb!! He had a really good time.

I went to a friend's home last night (hi Susan) to work on a project for church. There were five of us there. Hello ladies! You know who you are!

Today, Bruce and I went to find him some pants and T-shirts for work. He found some dress pants and a couple of nice shirts at the thrift stores. But no work clothes. We ate at the Asiain Buffet in Kings Mountain and then home. Justin has a youth outing at 4:00 and then we have a wedding tonight at 7:00. Our neighbor's daughter is getting married. I'm going to try and get some pictures of that if I don't forget my camera. You know how I LOVE to take pictures!!

"Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God. Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing. Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it."
"So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church."
Ephesians 5:21-25 & 28-29

Labels: ,