Thimble Thoughts: Birds and Burps

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Birds and Burps

I'm excited about next month. We're going to an Emu Farm. There's a man in our church that owns Emus and he has taken the day off work to teach us about this very interesting bird.

And speaking of birds...A missionary family in our church, the Lewis Howell family, is leaving for New Zealand in the fall and there is a bird there called the KIWI bird. It's a flightless bird but has two unusual facts about itself. One is that it's nostrils are at the end of its beak. And the other is that this bird is about the size of a hen and yet it lays an egg almost the size of an ostrich egg. I thought that was neat. Isn't that neat? You can check out Brother and Sister Howell's website at www.LewisHowell.com and remember to pray for them. They have about 50% of their support now.

One thing I can NOT stand is burping. I think it's crude and rude. I know sometimes it can't be helped, but when it's on purpose it's disgusting. My children know that it is not allowed in rude manner but tonight we took one of the neighbor boys to church with us and all the way home he happily burped and burped. I just took deep breaths and tried to focus on other things. I peppered him with questions so he would have to talk and not be able to burp, but it seemed that in between breaths, he found opportunity and I finally ran out of questions. Then tonight I was flipping through a book, Under Construction, and found this:

A mother said to her children, "Mind your manners; they may come back in style one day."

How appropriate!

Labels: