Thimble Thoughts: Cleaning, Errands, Friends, Groceries, Friends.....

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Cleaning, Errands, Friends, Groceries, Friends.....

I got up early yesterday to clean mom's house and then ran by her bank to drop off the medicine she had forgotten to take that morning. I rushed home, straightened up a bit, checked over school work, threw in a load of laundry, and freshened up for my Friday lunch with Bruce. This week was a little different for us because we shared our time with friends....Brian and Amy and their cutie pie son, Cameron, whom we'll just call Chicken Boy. His daddy said he eats so much chicken he's gonna fly away one day. Bruce and I had the gyros from Showmars and they were really good. But the fellowship was better.


Brian was giving Justin a very nice punching bag, so they followed us home after lunch to drop it off. Bruce had to leave for work so as soon as Brian and Amy left, I hopped in the car to do some grocery shopping while Justin carried all the pieces to the punching bag to his room and put it together. Brother Brian, just so you'll know, Justin, Jeremy, and Bruce have already had some great workouts with it.


I rushed through the grocery store, just grabbing what looked good. I know what you're thinking, Rachel, but I just didn't have time for coupons today. Anyway! I'm really not sure what all I grabbed, but I am pretty positive I got everything we needed. Oh wait, nope....I forgot self rising flour. I KNEW I'd forget something. So anyway, I got home with the groceries and while the kids unloaded the car, I put Harrison's pizza in the oven. The other two wanted hoagies..simple enough, just grab some from the deli department! Hannah whipped up some dip for their chips while I, once again, went to freshen up. Freshen up for what you may ask. A girl's night in at my friend, Rebecca's, home. She was very congenial and hospitable. Although the girl's night was for both of us, she made it all about me. Now fess up...who wouldn't like that??? Her husband is a manager of the managers for the Pizza Huts in this area so of COURSE there was Pizza Hut pizza involved. Pepperoni Lover's deep dish for me and cheese pizza for her. Mmmm Here she is with one of her cats, who has the CUTEST little face.


And don't let me fail to mention the table of veg-out snacks she had prepared. By the way, we call it veg-out food, but there is never a vegetable to be found. Anyway, she went all out in the food department and me with nothing in hand but a growling tummy. Those delicious looking things to the left were brownies topped with some kind of mousse and caramel and chocolate topping. Oh me, were they ever good! And the lovely rose was bought for me too. It is now adorning my own table.

Thank you, Rebecca. I had a good time with you, just being a girl and chit chatting away the evening! Photobucket

Labels: , ,