Thimble Thoughts: On Your Mark...Get set...GO!

Monday, February 11, 2008

On Your Mark...Get set...GO!

Thursday night I spent several hours at the church with some other ladies and a few of our teen boys, decorating for our Valentine Banquet. I was so tired when I got home, I was hoping I wouldn't need to clean mom's house Friday morning. When I called her to see if she needed me, she said no! So I was happy to have my Friday. As I've mentioned before, Bruce and I like to have lunch on Friday when we can.
So on Friday, we ran some errands......


...then to the post office to pay bills...


...and then to Gastonia to one of our favorite Mexican restaurants. Isn't ironic that it's located next to LA Weight Loss?


Bruce was ready to DIG IN!


After lunch, we stopped at Bruce's plant to pick up some new work boots. I've never been on a truck store before. That was interesting. We made it home just in time for him to put those new boots on and head back to work.
I had fun with you, honey!


Pam and Joel are friends of ours that have a great house for parties. So usually when we all get together, that's where we end up. She mentioned that nobody ever invites them over to their homes because we all just seem to end up over there. I felt sort of bad about that so I told her I would have them over this weekend. And we did.
We had lasagna and garlic bread. Everyone seemed to enjoy it. After supper, we played a game of marbles and Phase 10.

Pam was upset that Joel was holding cards she needed for her phase.


The guys made a quick run to the store for ice cream. They brought back four kinds...Cookie Dough, Double Fudge Brownie, Real Strawberry, and Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup...to go with the cake I made.
The games went on for a couple of hours when Brother Joel got hungry again and went back for more lasagna.


They left around 11:30-11:45, and I decided the boys needed a haircut for Sunday.
While I was cutting their hair and getting clothes ready for the following morning, our good friend Meghan was on her way to the hospital to deliver their sixth child. Another little boy to add to the mix. Congratulations Meghan and Daniel, Haili, Malachi, Alanna, Isaac, and Joseph on the arrival of little Ethan. I can't wait to see him.
I taught Sunday school for my mother, who had taken a terrible fall the day before. She banged herself up very badly. She has a doctor's appointment tomorrow. I hope she's all right.
After morning service, Justin, Hannah, and I attended the funeral for Mrs. Hamrick, the grandmother of Brother Greg. I enjoyed hearing this lady's daughter talk about her mother. She told some great stories about her. There was a shawl lying on the caskit. The cotton for that shawl was hand-picked, spun, and crocheted by Greg's grandmother and her mother-in-law. It was so beautiful. She was the seventh of nine children. Actually, Mrs. Hamrick's parents were both married before and their spouses died. So when they married each other, he had seven children, she had four children, and then the two of them had nine children together. That's twenty children!........................yeah.
Sunday night, meetin' broke out and it was really great. This is Pastor Goodman here carrying Marigrace while our group Vintage sings.

Labels: , ,