Thimble Thoughts: Happy Valentine's Day

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day everybody!


I got up this morning to make the children heart-shaped pancakes but Hannah used up all of my pancake stuff and forgot to tell me. lol So they got big homemade sugar cookies for breakfast with the word Love and XOXO stamped in the center. Now before you start putting me down for being a bad mother, don't forget that your kids were eating pop tarts this morning! HAHA, just kidding...Anyway, there were certainly no complaints. LOL
I dropped them off for their co-op meeting this morning. Today was Science Day and they took their science projects with them. Hannah said she'd take pics and videos for me, so maybe I'll have something to post.
I would have stayed with them, but since my Valentine had to leave for work at 2:00 and I knew we wouldn't be back in time for me to spend any part of the day with him, I came back home after dropping them off, we exchanged our Valentine's, and then ate lunch at Fatz. I had been hankering for a burger, and they have the best Oniyum burger there. When we came home we had just about an hour before he had to leave for work.
Now I'm just waiting for my little Valentine's to get home. Mrs. Amanda is bringing them home. It's almost 3:00, so they should be here soon unless they have their Valentine Party today.

I had a good day with you today, Bruce! Thank you for my Flash Drive, Thumb Drive, covers, and SD case. I love you, my sweet Valentine!

Photobucket

Last night at SIGMA, Brother RJ and Mrs. Liz planned a Valentine party for the teens. During the preaching, Mrs. Liz, Dana, and I were busy preparing the food.
Photobucket

All of those goodies were for the chocolate fountain. I think I melted the chocolate wrong to start, but it ended up turning out good, thanks to the wonderful kitchen utensil, the whisk!
Photobucket
Before they came into the kitchen, Mrs. Liz and Dana went outside to hide candy bars and Wal Mart gift cards for the kids to find. I don't know who won though. I missed that.
LeAnna and Elizabeth are always up for a silly pose. I'm diggin' the hat, LeAnna.
Photobucket

Here they are in line for the festivity.
Photobucket

Diggin' in!
Photobucket

Mmmm, chocolate! I got tickled at the BOYS that hung around the fountain and did not move. That cracked me up.
Photobucket

But then, who doesn't like chocolate?
Photobucket

LeAnna and Crystal
Photobucket

Matthew
Photobucket

Michael
Photobucket

Parker LOL
Photobucket

Justin W and his friend that he's been bringing the last few weeks. I believe Justin's friend found one of those gift cards.
Photobucket

While the youth ate their snacks, the adults stayed in the kitchen making sure the food supply was kept up. That's Mrs. Dana and her husband Brother Chris behind her. And then our Youth Pastor, Brother RJ, in the black coat.
Photobucket
Mrs. Liz with chocolate on her chin. Look at that smile...she was obviously enjoying her snack.
Photobucket
I hope all of you are having a great Valentine's Day. It's been a good one for me. I'll be doing, Lord willing, one last work night at the church before our banquet this weekend. Mrs. Janet had the carpets cleaned yesterday and I'm excited to see the tables set up and decoarted with the other decorations we've worked on.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Labels: ,