Thimble Thoughts: Is It Coming?

Friday, January 18, 2008

Is It Coming?

I cleaned my mom's house today. Daddy came home from dialysis in a very jovial mood, which is always fun. Mom came home for lunch and she ate my cream cheese crackers and Josh's cookies. I ran to the bank, and then came home to do school. We finished cleaning up around here and then I met my friend, Amy, at Showmars. I had never eaten there before. It's been there for a long time, I just usually always drive by it and go somewhere else. I was tempted to order the gyro, but since I hadn't been there before, I decided to "..have what she's having" which was the Chicken Strip Dinner. It was really good. She also introduced me to french fries dipped in honey mustard. YUM!

After dinner, we went to the mall for a little while. We had a great time and loads of laughs. Thanks for the laughs, Amy. It was a lot of fun and I had a great time.

When Amy and I parted ways, I headed to Wal Mart to get my groceries. That place was PACKED! Why? Because apparently people have run out of bread and milk since Wednesday....the snow is coming, didn't you know?

I've been having my doubts about it snowing, but everyone keeps saying six to nine inches is on its way. So, we'll see. I would really like to see it come so the kids can have a GREAT time in it. I told my friend, Dana, that I loaded up on hot chocolate and stuff to make homemade cookies for when I have to MAKE the kids come in and warm up. Dana was talking about her mom and how when they were little and it would snow, their mother would make them come in to warm up just so they could feel themselves again because they were numb from the cold. lol I remember snow days like that! Maybe we'll have a couple of days like that this weekend.


Photobucket