Thimble Thoughts: Jordan's Visit

Monday, November 19, 2007

Jordan's Visit

Today was the day Jordan came to visit with us. When I picked him up this morning and we got back home, he and Justin spent the first two and half hours that he was here playing guitars, mandolin, and banjo.


After they played instruments for a while, they stepped outside to shoot Justin's BB gun at trees and rubber balls....which are now flat, by the way....and to jump on the trampoline. I was watching them from the window when my phone rang and my friend Rebecca asked if there was a fire my way. "I don't think so," I replied, "but let me check." Sure enough! Black smoke was billowing above the trees. So Hannah and I jumped in the car to see what it was.


Just down the road, a house had caught fire. The people that own the house run a used car dealership and produce stand. I don't know if they lived there or just did their business there. But either way, everything was gone.


Bruce's cousin works at the fire department that would have been first on the scene. So I'm wondering if he was there, although I didn't see him.



It was so sad to see this house go up in flames. It's been there for so long and I'm sure there were many memories attached to it.


Justin and Jordan were playing instruments again when I got back.


When they went to play video games, Hannah decided she would shoot the BB gun too.


Jordan's grandmother, Mrs. Gayle, came to pick him up just as we were finishing up our supper. It was so good to see her. She just never changes. Always down to earth. Always friendly. Always warm.


It was a blessing visiting with Jordan today and seeing Mrs. Gayle. I hope you had a good time, Jordan. Please come back anytime!

Labels: