Thimble Thoughts: Taco Night With Brother Birt

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Taco Night With Brother Birt

Last night at SIGMA, we were privileged to have my daddy come down to preach to the kids. He preached a familiar sermon from when I was in his youth group. The sermon was on the Four "Ls" Look, Linger, Lust, and Lose. There were a few things he added to his sermon that I had not heard before. Such as Dorthy, crystal balls, and gold chains. I guess you had to be there. :)
His legs were a little wobbly, but he was actually able to stand through the whole thing. However, when he took his seat, there were dozens of beads of sweat on top of his head. I didn't know that, though, until I bent down to kiss him and patted the top of his head. Ewww! Poor thing. Hannah fixed him with a taco and ice cold Sun Drop after that.


Mrs. Machelle and Mrs. Liz were in the kitchen preparing the food for the night.


Mrs. Dana and Brother Chris


John H, Megan, and Jacob


LeAnna and Monica enjoying their taco.


Cassie and Taylor


Alexis, Taylor's visitor


Some of the boys enjoying their food.


In the food line!


Elizabeth in my sunglasses...at night...I dunno why.


Tomorrow night we'll be having our Ladies Thanksgiving Dinner. I'll be cooking one of the turkeys and making a pan of dressing.

Speaking of dressing, Hannah likes to watch cooking shows so she watches Rachel Ray a good bit. Well, Rachel Ray was saying that in her family everyone loves the crispy edges of the dressing her mother would fix and would fight over those edges. UNTIL! Her mother got the idea to bake her dressing in muffin pans, making perfect size portions, all with crispy edges.

Labels: ,