Thimble Thoughts: To Be Or Not To Be.......SICK!

Friday, November 09, 2007

To Be Or Not To Be.......SICK!

This week our family has been fighting this horrible head cold that is going around. It really is horrible. Can I get a witness?

It started with Justin Sunday. He was complaining with a sore throat. We've never had a problem with strep, so my first thought was sinus drainage. Plus his breath had "that smell." Oh, come on....you know the smell I'm talking about. Anyway, bless his heart he literally stayed in bed for three solid days, coming out of his room only to use the bathroom and seek liquids loaded with Vitamin C. He slept most of the time, but occasionally I would hear Gold City or Inspirations serenading him. Justin had asthma as a little boy and it flared up in him while he was sick. His breathing was quite labored the first couple of days so he ended up using Harrison's inhaler.

Speaking of Harrison, trying to do school with him Monday was pretty well hopeless. His little nose was running and he was beginning to cough. His mind was truly not on school. As a matter of fact, I don't think it was on anything. By Tuesday he was useless. I'll admit he had me worried. His breathing was REALLY bad and he was so pale that even his lips were white. His little eyes were dark where he wasn't getting enough oxygen. So I kept a really close eye on him. He wasn't eating and, well, just don't ask about the drinking part. OK?

Wednesday, Hannah woke up with a pounding headache and cough. Hannah is rarely sick and when she is sick, she recovers quickly. But her head was pounding and you could tell because her eyes were glassy and weak.

My poor little babies! They're all feeling some better, but still hanging on to that nagging cough.

And if it weren't bad enough that all three of them are sick, Bruce was coming down with it too. But his body has been fighting it. I've been amazed that he hasn't been worse than he was. Taking echinacea and pumping himself full of Vitamin C must be working. Of course the children are doing the same thing, but Sudafed doesn't hurt either.

Thankfully, I haven't felt ANY symptoms so far. Must be from all the antibiotics I was on when I was sick this last time. What think ye?

On a much sadder note, Bruce's Uncle Joe passed away last night. He just stopped breathing. They tried to resescitate him, but it was just his time to go. I'm glad he was ready to go. Please remember his wife, Janette, and his children and grandchildren in your prayers.

Psalm 116:15 "Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints."

Labels: ,