Thimble Thoughts

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Bruce and I went to a local pawn shop today that he likes to frequent. Mainly because he has a childhood friend that works there. Anyway, his friend's dad (Big John) was there and we stood around telling jokes for a bit.

Big John asked if I had heard the Love Story. I told him no and so he told it to me.

Once upon a time there was a man that asked his love to marry him.
She told him no.
He lived happily ever after.


Oh, come on ladies.....you thought it was funny too!

Daddy called this evening and asked me to join he and mom for supper at Swooger's, which is a local owned ice cream parlor. So we enjoyed a spaghetti dinner and of course a few laughs. Please don't ask me to tell you what we laughed about because my mother couldn't handle it again. Anyway, we had fun.

After we ate, daddy and I walked down to the Dollar General to look around while mother went home since her legs were tired from working all day....so we THOUGHT she went home.

After 15 or 20 minutes, daddy and I said our goodbyes and parted. I went one way, he went another. Just as daddy got home, his cell phone rang.

"Hello?"
"Larry? Where are you?"
"Well, I'm at home....where are you?"
"I'm still in the parking lot. I was going to follow you home."

Bless her heart. Mom was going to follow daddy home, but somehow missed seeing both of us pull out of the parking lot. I have no idea how she managed that.

They celebrated their forty-second anniversary yesterday. Isn't that wonderful? They say the divorce rate is going down, but that's because people aren't getting married. They're just playing house. I'm so thankful my parents have been true to their vows and true to each other all these years. The secret ingredient really isn't a secret. They'll be the first to tell you that only the Lord has kept them from killing each other. LOL Seriously though, Christ has helped them build their home and I'm so glad I've been a part of that home. I pray they will have many more happy years together.

When I got home, I changed clothes and headed to the funeral home. Sadly, some church members had a grandchild to pass away at just 12 days old. Little Jacob was born a fighter, weighing just barely over a pound. He fought a good fight, but just couldn't fight any more. Please pray for his heartbroken parents, the grandparents, and the extended family. They'll need a touch from Heaven in the days and weeks to come.


Labels: , ,