Thimble Thoughts: Birthdays and Wedding Showers

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Birthdays and Wedding Showers

We had a great day today. We met up at my mom and dad's home to celebrate the birthday of my mother AND my Aunt Joyce. We missed having my mom's twin brother there, but he had something else going on today and couldn't make it. Anyway, here's their cake.


From left to right, Harrison, Hannah, Bruce, and Aunt Jo Jo


Getting ready for cake and ice cream.


Mom and my brother John


Mom and Aunt Jo Jo being silly.......there was a LOT of silliness going on today.


Me and Aunt Jo Jo


Bruce and me


Mom laughing hysterically at the card from Aunt Jo Jo. As a matter of fact, we ALL laughed at that card.

Blessing the food and the birthday gals

Kisses from Harrison


Hugs from Hannah.....her card made Maw Maw cry.


More kisses......awwwwwwwww


Aunt Jo Jo bought mom several pampering items and this mask was one of them.


How many of you recycle ribbons? Aunt Jo Jo does too.....

Looking at old pictures.


This is mom and Uncle JP when they were little.


The baby on the lady's lap is my Great Grandmother Daniels. I have NO idea who everyone else is. Well, the lady is my Great, Great Grandmother.


Mom.....ain't she cute?


After looking at pictures, Aunt Jo Jo and mom sang at the piano.


The men folk.......daddy was cold.

Mom and Aunt Jo Jo went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast this morning and while they were there, mom bought this cute Christmas purse and shirt. I wonder if she'll let me borrow the purse!!!!!!!!

We had a really wonderful time visiting and it was so great seeing my Aunt since we don't get to see her often. She was a blessing to be with today and I hope she had a great birthday.
Mom, you're the best mom EVER! I love you so much and am blessed beyond words to have you in my life. I LOVE YOU!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!


WEDDING SHOWER
Our next stop was Aunt Sylvia's home for Adam and Jessica's wedding shower. Check out these scarecrows....aren't they cute?


Aunt Sylvia grilling hot dogs.


....just talkin'.....

A little sibling rivalry


Brittney Boo in her fine shades.


Sierra....what a child! Just like her mama, this one! LOL


Hungry people


When Mackenzie would hear "Bite, bite!" she'd come runnin'. Is she not adorable?



Hannah and Justin.


Bruce's brother Bryan and his wife, Cindy.


The men folk......


The women folk.....


The future Mr. and Mrs. Adam Whitesides. We met Jessica for the first time tonight and she was an absolute joy to get to know. She wore a continual smile and was so friendly. It's no wonder Adam wants to marry her.


The bride and grooms mothers.


Marie, my mother in law.


Opening presents.


Bruce went out today and bought them something from their registry. A stainless steele dish drainer and cookie sheet.


Crystal.......yapping on the phone with her parents........who couldn't make it. We missed them being there so much, but some things happened beyond their control and they couldn't make it.


Travis and LeAnn. Travis is Adam's older brother.

This is Bruce's cousin Faye and her husband Scott. I caught them in a snuggle!
Parents of the bride. He's the Pastor of Aunt Sylvia's church. They are such a nice couple.
I don't know this lady's name, but Travis told a funny story of when he and Adam were little boys, she would bring a bag of goodies and drinks for them to eat and drink during church. They used to get in the floor and ask her if she had chocolate because they needed chocolate. Hehehe....that's so funny.
Bruce and his cousin Cathy
My sister-in-law, Liberty being funny for the camera. She's married to Barry. For some reason, every picture I took of Barry came out blury.


And this video is of my brother John and his wife Jenny singing "I'm A Little Teapot." Now, I know he's probably going to hunt me down for this......but.................I can take him in an unfair fight.

Labels: