Thimble Thoughts: Last Night and the Trip Home

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Last Night and the Trip Home

We spent the better part of yesterday enjoying the ocean one last time before coming home. Justin, Bruce, and Hannah were making their way out to play in the waves.

Bruce took Harrison to fly his owl kite.
And Hannah spotted this bird in the tree we were sitting under. I think he was hoping we would drop some bread.
We went out to eat for supper. Here are my little See no evil, Hear no evil, Speak no evil monkeys. :)


Bruce and Hannah at the arcade next to our hotel.
Harrison hunting antelope.
Harrison playing me at air hockey. His tongue indicates complete concentration and determination.
After the arcade, Bruce took us to the ice cream parlor next door. I was too stuffed from supper to eat ice cream, but Bruce and the kids enjoyed theirs.


I'm throwing this picture of Bruce in just because it makes me giggle.
They didn't have a Ms. Pac Man at the arcade, but Bruce took us down to the arcade in our hotel and let me play the game there. I loved that game growing up.
This is Justin. Another picture that makes me giggle. On the way home today, he was trying to watch a DVD, but the glare from the sun was too bright so he used my sweater as a "tent" of some sort to see better. lol
My sweet Bruce.
A pretty lake we drove over.


We went through a VERY small town called Liberty Hill. That's the post office there in the background.
Here's their General Store. Sorry it's so bright...we drove by rather quickly and I didn't have time to allow the camera to adjust to the lighting. But you can still see how old it is.
This is an old mansion just down from the General Store. It was so pretty. I just loved the big trees in the front yard.
We passed a dam down below Lancaster County. The kids had never seen a dam before, except in pictures.
Bruce was driving along and all of a sudden he said, "I smell chocolate." Sure 'nuff! Hannah and Harrison had found some pudding in a bag and was enjoying a little snack.

We had a wonderful time on our vacation. God blessed us everyday with beautiful weather. Even thought the forecast said rain and storms Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. We saw very little of what they called for.
We enjoyed our week and as usual we were sad to leave, but glad to be back home.
Thank you, Dena, for keeping watch over Tipsy and our mail.
Thank you, Ross family, for keeping Yogi. I'm sure he had fun with Squeaky and Bear.
Thank you, Turner family, for watching Harley. I know he's probably going to be spoiled rotten now. ;)

Labels: