Thimble Thoughts: LADIES TRIP!!!!!

Saturday, September 08, 2007

LADIES TRIP!!!!!

Thursday night, our little kitten was sleeping on the floor in a blanket when Justin stood up from the couch and walked right on him. We heard something pop and Harley woke from sweet dreams to agonizing pain. The kitten meowed for an hour and wouldn't let us touch his leg. If he wanted to get somewhere, he'd roll. It was really pitiful. Justin felt horrible and Hannah was crying. The next morning I dropped Justin at work and took Harley to the vet. They took an Xray of his leg but he was in so much pain they ended up giving him a tranquilizer.


This is the "before tanquilizer" shot.




This is the "after tranquilizer" shot.

Needless to say, nothing was broke, but he does have some damage. He's back to playing and jumping already, although still favoring his little hurt leg.


After seeing the Vet, we went to see daddy for a few minutes, a few of the ladies in our church and our Pastor's wife, left to stay at Pastor and Mrs. Ava's home in Valle Crucis. We had a really good time of eating, shopping, eating, resting, eating, fellowshipping, eating....you get the idea.

The first place we stopped was Fatz Restaurant for a late lunch. I had potato soup and half of a calabash chicken wrap. Mmmmmmm~



Mrs. Ava's birthday is just around the corner so she got a free cheesecake!



We stopped at a little place on the side of the road where Sandra keyed in on the words "FREE SAMPLE." She got her sample and then talked the man into another free sample of kettle corn and caramel corn.




We got to Mrs. Ava's house to claim beds and unload the van before leaving to eat supper. Some of us ate at Pizza Hut and others of us at the Backyard Burgers. You KNOW where I was~As if we weren't stuffed enough, Missy talked us into getting an ice cream at the Marble Slab Creamery. This girl was making my ice cream cone.



Get a load of my ice cream cone, would ya? I was told by my friend, Pam, that the ice cream cone was sixty-nine cents and extra for each mix-in you added. My ice cream cone you see here had one mix-in of oreo cookies and ended up costing $5.54. Obviously Pam read the sign wrong. Thanks a lot, Pam. And I'll tell ya, I was so full I really couldn't eat the whole thing, but for five bucks, that ice cream was NOT ending up in the trash. If I had to throw it in the blender and drink it, I was going to. (hehe, Kellie)


Sisters enjoying their time together.




Michelle and Missy having a very giggly moment also.




This room is where my buddy Michelle and me slept. Pam and Kellie slept on an air mattress beside of us and were jumping on the air mattress to see who could shoot the other one up in the air the highest. This, of course, was Kellie's idea. Pam was resting peacefully and all the sudden she's flying in the air.




While the most of them went to flea markets and thrift stores this morning, Pam and I slept in and enjoyed some quiet time at the house. This is a picture of the view where I was sitting this morning enjoying the morning sunshine and listening to the birds chirp.


The driveway




The living room




The view as you walk out of the room where I slept.


All of us, from left to right:
Missy, Mrs. Ava, Linda, Sandra, Michelle, Kellie, me, Angie, and Pam.

Thank you for a time of R&R, Mrs. Ava....it was much needed and much appreciated.

One of the things I love dearly about our church is that we have so many wonderful singers. I'll leave you with this video of one of wonderful singers, Missy, that I took of her singing while she listened to her IPod. Just click here to see that video. By the way, how do you sound when you can't hear yourself singing?

Labels: ,