Thimble Thoughts: Legal, Cool, And Blessed

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Legal, Cool, And Blessed

My first blessing this week is that I didn't have to go to the doctor Friday. I probably would have gone if our medical insurance had started, but it's going to be several more weeks before that happens. Bruce went earlier this week to buy some medicine at the only pharmacy in the area that carries it. It has guaifenesin in it and it also used to be an antibiotic. At this pharmacy, you can purchase it from behind the counter, and the Lord saved me the last box. I've been taking it like I should along with a probiotic from the health store and also my vitamins. I'm feeling better, yet still a little energy drained. I didn't go to bus ministry this morning, but our Bus Ministry Pastor was kind to stop and pick up Justin.

I had just hung up the phone with his wife when I noticed on the caller ID that the mechanic fixing our car had called. Bruce called him back and he said the car was ready to be picked up.

In NC, your car automatically fails inspection if the "Check Engine" light is on and your car model falls between '95 and the current year, which our car does. My "check engine" light was on so we knew there were going to be added expenses besides getting the car inspected and Lord willing, getting the air conditioner fixed. Bruce didn't want to use the credit card for the repairs so he's been working some overtime in order to pay cash to have it fixed, inspected, and have the air conditioner fixed.

When Justin left with Brother Daniel, Bruce and I left to pick up the car. The mechanic fixed what was wrong, it passed inspection, and the air conditioner was so cold on the way home, I had to put it on low. To be honest, I started crying. I know it was silly to cry over the air conditioner working, but that's not why I was really crying. I was crying because no one deserves God's blessings, and yet, for the child of God, He not only supplies ALL of our needs, He supplies for the things we want too. I prayed for the car to be fixed and that it wouldn't cost an arm and a leg. But I don't recall praying for the air conditioner to be fixed. However, God knew my heart and blessed in that area. By the way, the cost of repairs was just under what Bruce had saved. No credit card needed! Praise the LORD!

Another blessing is that on the way to this mechanics shop, Bruce took some back roads, which the Lord showed me would take off several minutes and miles when taking Justin to work at the Mission. So that was another blessing.

My vehicle is legal for the road, cool with the air working, and I am underservedly blessed beyond measure.

"...thou openest thine hand, they are filled with
good." Psalm 104:28

Labels: , ,