Thimble Thoughts: Naughty Blogger

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Naughty Blogger

I was a naughty, careless blogger today. I knew we would be having a special service to honor our graduates and recognize the boys and girls who received certain awards this school year. I also knew we were having an afterglow after evening service. Did I bring my camera? Nope. Ran right out the house and left my camera on my bed. Oh, I feel so ashamed!! Oh well, I suppose there's always next year, aye? Well, unless the Lord comes back. And then noone will care if I have pictures to blog or not. Right?

The service for our graduates was very nice, even though one of our church's air conditioning units went out and it felt as though we were sitting in a sauna. I did feel sorry for all of us until I remembered our friend that is serving in Afghanistan. The heat didn't seem to feel so bad after that. And I find it difficult to complain about it.

When our children were called upon to have their awards acknowledged, I added the award for Perfect Attendance. That got a few giggles. Well, the way I figure it, if I have to turn their attendance records into the state of North Carolina then I should be able to give them that award. Even though it is silly. Perfect Attendance. Well........DUH!

We had a wonderful lunch with my parents today. Her meal was absolutely delicious. Thank you mom. It was great! But she fixed a dessert that was out of this world. I'll be sure the get the recipe and post it soon. It was a Cream Cheese Peanut Butter pie. MMMmmm! Excellent, Mom!

I was also excited to sit next to a missionary couple that Mrs. Amanda and I met at camp meeting a few months ago. We had invited them to the church if they found themselves in the area and when I saw them there I was thrilled! It was good to see them again. They'll be going to the Philippines soon, to a small island that has no running water or electricity. Again....how can I complain about no air conditioning in my church service tonight?

"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."
Philippians 4:11

Labels: ,