Thimble Thoughts: A This and That Post and an Unofficial Slogan

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

A This and That Post and an Unofficial Slogan

I had the opportunity to teach the three year old Sunday School class this past Sunday. They are SO much fun. I just love 'em.


I think you all know who Celine is.


I spotted a rainbow on my ceiling. After a little investigating, I found that it was coming from a CD which was on my end table.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Bruce and I took Harrison with us to return the dresser Bruce purchased yesterday. To make a long story short, the store took the dresser back, credited our credit card, and Harrison and Bruce talked it over and decided that Harrison could design his dresser (with my help, of course) and Bruce would build it. So Bruce will get started on that as soon as he has completed the toy box for Brother RJ and Mrs. Liz.

On our way back home we were stopped at the railroad tracks while these large and small (whatever they are) passed by. There were so many of them. They kept coming and coming. We finally just jumped the tracks when we thought we had a clear shot.



These crosses were across the tracks in the yard of a small church.



We passed Kingdom Woodworks on our way home, which is owned and operated by Bruce's brother Bryan and another fellow. They just started up this business about a year ago, maybe two, and the Lord is really blessing them.

Their unofficial slogan is "In life, you get what you pay for....but you get more from the Kingdom."

They believe in ministering to those they take jobs from and spreading the gospel to those they work for. Everyone that visits their shop for the first time, receives a wooden whale with a cross on top.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Brothers. Bryan is on the left...Bruce is on the right.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is a piece of a cabinet unit they're making for someone. It's upside down.

These are a few other pieces of the cabinet unit. The long thing on top is a column that will be added to the side of the unit where it comes to a point away from the wall. Does that make sense? I wish I could see it all put together. It's going to be absolutely beautiful. I believe the lady they're building this for is the one that landed them a BIG job for a hotel in Charlotte. They're really happy about that. I'm happy for them.


These were Bible verses I noticed hanging on their wall. Proverbs 29:18 and Proverbs 22:4.


And then this funny picture was sent to me today by someone in our church. I thought it was cute. It's called "Happy Milk." I can understand the milk's happiness because I also love Oreos.


Labels: , ,