Thimble Thoughts: An Unusual Pet

Monday, May 21, 2007

An Unusual Pet

DECIDING HIS LIFE would be more fun with a companion, a man went to the pet store and told the owner he wanted an unusual pet.

After some discussion, the man decided to buy a centipede that came in a small white box. The man took his pet home and found a nice location for the box. He thought the centipede might like some exercise, so he asked, “How’d you like to go to the park?” But there was no answer from his pet.

After waiting a few minutes, the man asked again but still got no response.


He waited a bit longer and thought he’d try one last time. Putting his face up to the centipede’s house, he shouted, “Hey, in there! Do you want to go for a walk?”
From inside the box, a little voice said, “I heard you the first time. I’m putting on my shoes.”


OK, this is a literary meme that was emailed to me last week. I was really too busy to get to it then, but now I have the moment, so here we go.....

How it works:
1. Grab the book closest to you
2. Open it to page 161
3. Find the fifth full sentence
4. Post the text of the sentence to your blog
5. Don't search around for the coolest book you have, use the one that is really next to you.
6. Tag five people to do this meme.

The closest book to me is Dante.
On page 161, the fifth full sentence says, "The dropsy's weight which disproportioned so the limbs with humours ill-absorbed within that with the paunch the visage doth not go, held his lips open in the parching skin Even as 'tis with the hectic, who for thirst curls the one lip up and the other toward his chin."

I'm not going to tag anyone, however, if you would like to do this literary meme, please feel free to do so and let me know so I can read it.

Labels: ,