Thimble Thoughts: Mother's Day Pictures

Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day Pictures

Today was a wonderful Mother's Day. It started out as most Sundays do. You know...finding socks, ironing a shirt that was supposed to be hung up, but somehow ended up on the closet floor, rolling your daughter's hair on curlers because she asked you nicely twenty minutes before you have to leave, making sure your husband's shirt matches his pants and tie and that everyone's teeth have been brushed, hair has been combed, and instruments and Bibles are in hand.

Hannah made me a very sweet Mother's Day card. I just love those homemade cards, don't you? Bruce usually writes a poem in my cards, but this time, my card played music. At first it scared me because I wasn't expecting it. But then I got cracked up.

Bruce gave me a new digital camera for Mother's Day. The one I have is still ok, but the fall I had at the museum last week busted the door for the batteries and I wanted something I could record videos with. This new one I got is the same name brand I had, only better. And cuter. I couldn't believe how small it was. I love it.

My secret pal bought me a pair of really cute sandals, a pair of earrings, and a watch. We had lunch for my mother-in-law at Barry and Liberty's house. Liberty was saying this was their first party since living in their new house.

After lunch, we went to my mother's home. I gave her a parafin wax hand spa and six pounds of wax. She seemed to really like it. I hope she pampers herself a little more.

We had two good services at church today, however, tonight's service made my entire day. Four of our teenagers accpeted Christ. I was so happy when we walked out of the church. What a blessing that was! Brother RJ has been going through Proverbs on Wednesday nights and then Pastor preached out of Revelation tonight. I believe the Lord has been working on these hearts for a while. I was so glad to see them come forwad.

I'll be taking a little bit of a blogging break this week. I'll be busy helping Mrs. Liz and some other ladies decorate for the SIGMA banquet. So maybe I'll stop and say hello. But if I don't, you'll know why.

Labels: