Thimble Thoughts: End of School Picnic

Thursday, May 17, 2007

End of School Picnic

This week I needed to take a bloggy break because I've worked at the church everyday helping to decorate for the SIGMA banquet, which is this Saturday, and I just haven't had time to blog anything. I can't wait for you to see all the work we've put into the decorations. Mrs. Liz has had some really wonderful ideas and I'm glad I could be a part of it.

Since I do have time to blog tonight, I wanted to post some pictures from Monday. I worked at the church a couple of hours Monday morning and then the kids and I went to an end of school year picnic, hosted by another homeschooling family in our church. Their homeschool invited our homeschool for a picninc in the valley behind their house. It was so WONDERFUL. We had a really good time.

This is the scene from their driveway. It's really breathtaking and I imagine that in fall it's absolutely beautiful.



Harrison picked a flower for me.


This was the little valley we walked down to for our picnic.


My friend, Rebecca.


Hannah is holding a rather large tadpole that we're pretty sure will be a nice big bullfrog. What do you think?


Playing in the creek.


The kids did a little crawdad huntin'. You probably call them crawfish, but down here this way, they're crawdaddies.


There was some splashing each other.


And Rocket, the horse, came down to see us. Click here to see him running down the hill to greet us.





Mrs. Rebecca brought some bread down to feed Rocket. He was so funny. If you had the bread bag, he knew it and would follow you until it was all gone. He was quite the pig to be a horse!


Once Rocket came down, the cows decided they would follow. This cow was licking it's nose. Gross....must have had a cold or something. HA!



The little cow is Annabelle. She was so cute! The cows and horse were comfortable to be around the children...even in the water.


Hannah made friends with this donkey. When he said goodbye, he was very loud.....VERY...loud.


Hannah and Rocket.




Justin and a lizard....do you see it?


OK, all you musicians out there....what is this??? Mrs. Rebecca found it at an antique store. It is NOT an autoharp. I repeat, it is NOT an autoharp.

The sticker on the inside says it's an Oscar Schmidt, but research on their instruments are turning up nothing.

Do you know what it is?


EDA: Mrs. Rebecca did a little more researching from a link that Amy left, and found out that this is a psaltery! YAY!! Thank you Amy for sharing your link....mystery solved!

Brother Ted was at home during our picnic, but stayed back to do some work. However, he had his own little bit of nature to hide behind.


We had a really great time and I'm so glad we were invited to their home. I'm sure we will not soon forget this outing.

Labels: ,