Thimble Thoughts: This And That Here And There

Thursday, January 18, 2007

This And That Here And There

The last couple of days have been somewhat blah. Just sort of doing nothing but laundry and.........well, more laundry. I also did some laundry and then some more laundry. Yes, I was behind. But I'm catching up. Oh wait, there goes another child with an armload. Do we ever REALLY catch up on laundry? But I'm not complaining. At least I know we're all wearing clothes.

If you remember, I told you that Bruce bought me three DVD's of Shirley Temple for our anniversary. Well, Thursdays are my grocery shopping days and the last few weeks we've done hoagies and Shirley Temple. Tonight we watched Captain January and we laughed and even cried. She was really cute when she was little.

I think I showed you this before, but I can't remember. As you know I love thimbles and this is my collection. They've come from several different states and even several from around the world. A few of them have even come from Avon. Can you believe that? Does Avon sell everything or what? I have them on this shelf for the time being. They've outgrown the little house they were sitting in and so I'm in the process of refinishing and painting a larger house I found at a yard sale for $1.00. I'll have to show that to you when I finish it. I'd like to give it a cherry finish, but we'll see. I've sanded it and all I need to do now is stain it and put some hooks on it. I guess I could work on that sometime next week. Or the next. Maybe a few weeks from now. I didn't use photobucket to upload the pictures, so you can click on it to see them better.



My dad gave the kids gobs of firecrackers after Christmas so Justin and Harrison decided to have fun with those today. They had fun with them a couple of weeks ago, then took some to a friend's house last week, and popped off the rest today. They were dropping them one by one into a Tide detergent bottle I had thrown out and decided that one at a time wasn't fun so they did about a hundred or so in it.


Here's Justin packing them in.


Lighting them.


The aftermath. It was really loud. Bruce was sleeping and since our bedroom window is at the back of the house I'm sure it woke him up. All that fun, up in smokes. [pun intended]

If you look closely at the basketball goal, you'll see where Bruce and Justin blasted it with orange paintballs. BOYS!





Labels: