Thimble Thoughts: How Stubborn Are You?

Thursday, January 11, 2007

How Stubborn Are You?

Reading in Exodus this morning about the plagues I couldn't help but marvel at how stubborn Pharoah was. Of course I've always known he was stubborn, but while I was reading I kept thinking, "Good night, man, what's it gonna take?" And of course we know it finally took the death of his son. But even after that his heart was hardened again and the Bible says he pursued after the Israelites.

I sometimes find myself being quite stubborn when the LORD wants me to do something. Maybe I'm not paying enough attention to His will, or maybe I'm just scared. Much like Moses was when he first saw the burning bush. You know, trying to make excuses as to why I can't do His will.

What about you? Do you find yourself stubborn at times? Is there something you're battling with now that you know God wants from you, but you haven't given in to Him? What will it take for your submission? What will it take for mine?

Good Vs Evil

Labels: