Thimble Thoughts: Oh Well

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Oh Well

I thought a poll would be fun, but the results wouldn't show up. I guess that was a flop. I know that my daughter, ABrightNewDawn, and Ashleigh voted. And I know that Tammy and Shari voted. But just out of curiosity, did you vote?

Yesterday we had bus ministry. The attendance was very low compared to usual. But nonetheless spirited, if I might add! We had a "visiting worker" and it was fun to have her there. Mrs. Freida is a mail carrier and usually always works on Saturday but she had the day off and decided to spend it at bus ministry. We enjoyed having her there and initiated her by making her do the chicken song with us.

I've come down with a pretty good head cold and had taken NyQuil that morning because it was all I had. Silly me should have taken half a dose, but didn't think about it until I could barely keep my eyes open. My friend, Kellie, brought me some DayQuil from home and that was much better on my system later that day and today. Thank you so much, Kellie!!

Harrison and I came home and while he rode his motorcycle, I stewed some chicken for a Sunday School outing. I fell asleep while it was cooking and ended up sleeping for nearly an hour and a half before the phone woke me up. I spoke with my mother-in-law for a bit and then grabbed all my things and hit the door. Harrison and I left for the outing and Bruce met us there. Justin and Hannah were already there. While the guys did their new craze (the lan party) we girls fellowshiped and played Scrabble. SD won the first round and Pam won the second. I have NEVER played Scrabble. It was my first time and I liked it. I found out later that Bruce has never played it either. So maybe I'll have to get us the game. I think the kids would like it.

Caleb and Joel
JON!!
Look at this adorable face. His daddy, Jay, will be leaving for Afghanistan in two weeks. Can you imagine having to leave this little thing behind?
This is his mom, Paige, and check out that tongue! He was loving that sucker!!

Tonight we had The Enlighteners at church. They are blind sisters and they were a blessing. They have a really sweet spirit and make no bones about what they believe. Harrison especially enjoyed them. That's all he talked about on the way home.



This is our cat, Thomas. Better known as just Tom. That's original, isn't it? He's in the box Bruce made for him. He loves it.
Here's Malachi drawing on the board. He thought he was getting away with something. LOL

Jamie C. was riding the younger children around on this cart. They had fun doing that. They couldn't have more fun at an amusement park.

Janet, Clayton, and Jordan.
Here's my Sweetie Pie. Doesn't he look like a telemarketer? LOL

We had a youth afterglow following the evening service. We had Dominos Pizza and had a nice time of fellowship. The kids went home with my mom and dad, Bruce is at work, and I'm home alone with the dog. I suppose I would be scared if I didn't have the dog. Well, let me rephrase that....I suppose the DOG would be scared if she didn't have ME! She's not much of a watchdog, if you get my drift. As a matter of fact, you could say she's a yellow lab. LOL All the puppies in that litter are.

Hope y'all had a great weekend!!

Labels: ,