Thimble Thoughts: Check 'em Out

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Check 'em Out

It's 11:06 right now and I started this post earlier tonight before hubby left for work, but saved it to my drafts to finish tomorrow. But my friend Pam called me tonight as I was just settling in my bed. When we hung up Tipsy started bugging me to go out. So I got up to let her out and while I'm waiting for her to come back inside with wet fur and muddy paws, I decided to work on a post.

I didn't know the first thing about blogging until Courtney sent me a link to her blog almost two years ago. Most of you may not know that this keeper at home was the flower girl in our wedding. And I know she'll be humble and roll her eyes when she reads this, but she was such the cutest little thing. And she still is!! Of course, that has nothing to do with this post, but I just had to add it in there. LOL For almost a year now I have thoroughly enjoyed blogging and "meeting" new people in the blogsphere. Some of you have been a blessing beyond words and it has been an honor getting to know you.

Recently, I have "met" others and I've enjoyed reading their blogs. I wanted to share them with you. You may already know them, but just in case you don't, here they are.

First of all, Be Not Conformed, which was done by Mrs. R and Mrs. B, recently took a different turn and Be Not Conformed has been moved. The new blog will be authored by Mrs. B. No, there was no spat between these two wonderful ladies, but Mrs. R did need to make some changes in her busy life and decided that giving up blogging had to be one of them. I will so much miss her posts, but I am thrilled that Mrs. B will be continuing with her posts at Cherish The Home.

The next blog I have enjoyed is written by a young photographer named Bethany. She and her TWELVE brothers and sisters along with their parents are the singing Wissman family. I have never heard them sing, but OH how I would love to. They have such a sweet spirited look about them and I am confident that their music reflects the Lord in every aspect. The pictures you see on Bethany's blog are ones that she has taken herself and usually are accompanied by a short, yet thought provoking, quote or bit of scripture.

I plugged Fully Persuaded Baptist the other day, but in case you missed that post, it's a blog run by a pastor and his wife from Texas. They take turns blogging posts and I always enjoy their quick wit and often insightful writings. And by the way, if you have visited there, did you know that Olivia, from A Daughter At Home and who is just absolutely precious, is their daughter??

Christina, from HsKubes Homeschool Haven, has become a dear friend in my heart. As Anne of Green Gables would say, "She's a kindred spirit." Her husband will be leaving very soon for Iraq and she always has precious stories and pictures of her family being a FAMILY!! I love to visit her blog!

Although she is temporarily out of reach right now, Arlene, from Ever Joyful, is another military wife worth the blog read. She is an American raised in Japan where she met her Nathan who is in the Air Force and they have just recently moved stateside. That's why she's unreachable. I can't wait for her to get her computer back from shipping so we can start hearing from her again!

OK, we all know Brittney from Aletheia Liberty. Well, she put a blog together for her family called Otter Tracks. They have a great site and it's neat the way they take turns when they have something fun or witty to share. If you have speakers, don't forget to turn them on, you'll want to hear their song. LOL

Mrs. C, from Riverbend Ramblings, is a Pastor's wife and homeschool mom of four in the Peach state. If I'm not mistaken that would be good ole' Georgia! That would make Mrs. C a Georgia Peach, which she would probably NEVER call herself, but I will. LOL

Claudia's Place is written by Claudia. She is a true North Carolina gal, proud of her sons and their lives and always has funny posts and a kind word. Better known in the blogsphere as Moobear.

Deb and the entire Girotti family from Mountain Musings are always a blessing as I read whatever event is going on in their daily lives. Never a dull moment there!

Dawn, from ABrightNewDawn, is a happy Marine wife who homeschools their children. They are foster parents and expecting another baby!! She is such a sweet lady and I always enjoy her comments as well as her posts.

Ashleigh, from Heart and Home, is also a Marine wife with the cutest little boy! She journals their family life and you can tell she has a wonderful and fun sense of humor.

Now, Ashleigh's mother, Mishel, from Seasons Of Life, is also someone that has a fun sense of humor. She also has a sweet Christian spirit about her and I always feel like I'm on her couch sipping hot chocolate with her while I read her posts.

Nicholas Cardot is someone that has been popping up a lot lately. He has been surrendered to the Lord since he was a teenager and, if I read his profile correctly, is the Pastor of a small church. He has great posts and is a Fundamental Fighter! If you check out his blog, be sure to look at his "The Law of The Land" in the sidebar. :) Oh! The name of his blog is The Watchman.

And last, but certainly not least, Joshua and Caleb, two of Courtney's younger siblings, are authors of The Good Report. These young men are sold out to the Lord and have mini sermons, if you will. Personally, I think their posts would be great devotionals! They do a fantastic job and I'm not just saying that because I knew them when they were born and, at one time or another, was talked into one of their crazy "at home" skits. :) They are a product of their faithful parents and even though they are not mine, I am proud of them!!

These sites will be added to my blog links soon, but not tonight because Tipsy is now inside and I'm ready to snuggle back down under the covers and get some zzzzzz's!. I hope you check these blogs out and enjoy them as much as I have.

Labels: