Thimble Thoughts: My Wednesday Morning Thoughts

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

My Wednesday Morning Thoughts

There is an old saying that too many hands stirring the pot, ruins the soup. This has nothing to do with what I'm posting on, but for some reason it came to mind when I sat down to post, so I thought I would share it. LOL

I had another one of my "Lucy in the kitchen" moments last night. Only it really wasn't my fault. My oven wasn't cooperating. Yeah, that's right! My oven! Anyway, I was baking pork chops and planned on BBQing them. I had baked them in a pot in the oven for over an hour. I took them out and they looked so good. So I poured my BBQ sauce over them and put them in for a little while longer. But when I served them at supper, I took several bites of mine and realized it was extremely pink the closer I got to the bone. SO! we all stuck our chops back in the pot and they went back into the oven. We ate the fettuccini pasta and garlic bread I made to go with the chops and then we all loaded up in the van, including Tipsy, and went to McDonald's for an ice cream cone while the chops finished cooking. The kids thought that was great.....Well, to be honest, so did I. After all, who doesn't enjoy a soft serve ice cream? ;P We came back home after our little drive and the chops were done to perfection, falling off the bone. They were really good! So good that Bruce ended up taking FOUR of them to work last night.

We're halfway through our second week of school and so far everything is on schedule. Praise the LORD! One new thing I did was purchase REAL homeschool lesson plan books. In the past, I have just kept a little notebook, but this time I splurged. Well, Mom and Dad splurged. Thank you, Mom and Dad!! It makes my job so much easier. I bought two. One for Hannah and Harrison and then another for Justin. His lesson plan book will last for four years and has a place for documenting everything through highschool. So I'll have a transcript for him. Isn't that great?

These Homeschool Planbooks were designed by a homeschool Mom named Sarah Crain. She has a lot of different books to choose from and I'll be adding her link to the sidebar at Homeschooling By Faith if anyone is ever interested. Anyway, Click here if you want to check out her different planbooks.

We'll be in our third week of SIGMA tonight. The last couple of weeks have been worrisome for me because I'm trying to learn the point system. I'm afraid I'm not going to give someone the points they deserve or give too many points to someone who does not deserve them. LOL Oh well, Brother RJ is keeping up with that, I'm sure.........I hope!

Bruce took off work this weekend because we have some things going on. Friday night we'll be at a church with our choir in Elizabethton, Tennessee. Hannah will be spending the night there with her Grandpa and the rest of us will be coming home after the service. Our choir has been to this church every year that we've been members of Faith and always have a good time. We're looking forward to the trip.

Bruce and I will get up EARLY Saturday morning and drive down to meet Brother Sam and Anna Paris who will be taking us to the Carolina vs Clemson game. I bought a shirt and I'm going to paint a path of tarheel prints up the back of it. I had thought about painting a little orange splat under each tarheel, but Bruce said that might not be wise since the game was at Clemson's Death Valley. And we WILL be on Clemson's side since Brother Sam and Sis Anna are Clemson fans. This should be an interesting trip. Them in their orange shirts, me in my painted one, and Bruce in his Carolina Tshirt and Carolina blue converse shoes I bought him back this spring. And of course I'll have my UNC pocketbook that will be holding my camera so I'll have pictures to share of the game. Bruce does not have a good feeling about this game, but we're going to have a good time anyway.


Labels: