Thimble Thoughts: Recipe??

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Recipe??

I made homemade bbq sauce last night. It was so very good. I was thrilled to have it come out the way it did, because.................I messed up! Now, I suppose y'all have figured out that I'm not exactly Martha Stewart in the kitchen. I do love to cook and try new things. But I usually have to make it a couple of times before it's RIGHT! So, last night was no surprise to me that I was going by two different recipes and didn't even realize it.

Our church cookbook has some good recipes in it and at least two of them are for BBQ sauce. They just happen to be side-by-side at the bottom of pages 88 and 89. So I would add vegetable oil from one recipe and vinegar from another. Lemon juice from one and.....you get the picture. The recipes don't differ too much by ingredients, but the measurements were certainly different! Anyway, by the time it was cooking on the stove, the aroma was making my entire household drift from their quiet places to the kitchen as their curiosity peaked as to what we were having for supper. "BBQ.........oops! I forgot to take my meat from the freezer"........AGAIN! No worries, I had time to nook 'em in the microwave. On the menu? BBQ ribs, green beans, and mashed potatoes. Dinner could have been a "Lucy" moment, but instead, turned into a scientifc moment.

Both of these recipes you will find at my
Blogger's Recipes blog. Feel free to use either of them for your next BBQ meal.......or use them both to make your own sauce.

Labels: