Thimble Thoughts: Vets, Flowers, and Singing

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Vets, Flowers, and Singing

A couple of days after we got Tipsy, my brother called to say that one of her siblings had Parvo. It looked hopeful for her at first, but she ended up dying. So we were pretty scared that Tipsy would come down with it. We had to watch her for two weeks and she's still susceptible to it. However, so far she's been fine. She had her checkup yesterday and the vet said she looked very good. She's almost 12 pounds now and she'll be, on average, 70 lbs by the time she's full grown. Which at first I thought was a big dog until I looked at a chart in the office and saw that a Mastif grows on average to be around 165 lbs. Can you imagine??? That's larger than a Saint Bernard. And I've always considered them to be the largest of canines. Anyway, everything looks good for her and she's growing to be a healthy and very playful dog who loves to eat my Peace Lily. We're working on that one. And for those of you who were wondering, she does not sleep with me. She's put in the bathroom every night and she considers that to be her room. She does very good there.


Yesterday evening the ladies in the church met to plant flowers in front of the church. If your church has never done that, you should suggest it. I had a really good time. I LOVE YOU, MARLA!! :) My Mother bought me a gardening set about eight years ago and I was able to use it for the first time. I don't exactly have a green thumb with plants so I've never used them. It was a lot of fun and now I'm ready to plant some flowers of my own....I think. The most I've ever done are potted Impatients and that's because they're so easy to tend to. When Sis Marla found out that I had never planted flowers like this before, she told Jennifer, who lives next to the church, and Marla's daughter Anna, who is Jennifer's cousin, to come up and take a picture of Mrs. Kristi. Isn't that sweet? If I get it, I'll post it here on the blog.....of course!


This evening we'll be taking the Sons of Faith to that church that I still don't know the name of, and they'll be singing. Courtney, you'll be glad to know that we'll be taking a van and that I will not be driving. Hopefully I can get a couple of pictures of the boys and post them tonight. We'll see.


If you feel far away from God, you need only to move closer to Him.

Labels: