Thimble Thoughts: Trip Today, Trip Tomorrow

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Trip Today, Trip Tomorrow

Hannah and I are leaving with a group of women and daughters from our church for a ladies meeting in Graham, NC tomorrow afternoon. I'm not sure of the name of the church, but the Pastor there is Brother Chandler. His wife, Kay, is the baby daughter of the late Curtis Hutson and of course will be our hostess.

The special speakers will be her sisters Donna Janey and Sherri Camperson. I am really looking forward to it and so is Hannah. Because I will be gone, this will be the last post on this blog until probably Saturday night. And I don't know that I'll even be able to post then. But I will give you a complete update on our trip as soon as I can.

Today we took a field trip to the Carolina Chiropractic Plus. It was so interesting. There were some things that were discussed that I did NOT know. I could go on for a while about what all we learned but the one thing I took away with me was that maybe I should give them a try before I start pumping my body and my children's bodies with medicine whenever there is a problem with them physically. I was sort of interested with what they had to say about Harrison after his screening. While the children were getting hands on learning in the back, the moms were getting Chiropractic 101 with Dr. Berkowitz. He was saying that someone who needs to be adjusted in the lower part of the spine will probably have certain health problems. One of which was asthma. As you all know, Harrison was diagnosed with asthma yesterday. Well, I didn't say anything to the other doctor that screened Harrison, but sure enough, Harrison needs an adjustment to his lower spine. Now, adjustments won't cure his asthma, but adjustments followed by maintenace will help prevent the symptoms without being medicated. So, maybe this is something I'll look in to further. I wish I had time to tell you everything we learned. This field trip was planned and organized by another homeschooler and Pastor's wife, Rebecca Jones. She and her family were members of our church when her husband was asked to take the helm of T W Lovelace Memorial in Boiling Springs. We miss them a great deal, but know that God is using them there. Thank you, Sis Rebecca, for planning such a great field trip!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I know I will.

Labels: