Thimble Thoughts: Weekend Update, with Happymama

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Weekend Update, with Happymama

I have had a very good weekend. My sweetheart came home from the fishing trip Saturday afternoon just as I was picking the kids up from bus church. Hannah and I raced to get to him so we could hug and kiss him. I won.

When we were all home again, Bruce pulled out a bag of goodies he had brought home for all of us. He brought Harrison a "special" pen, a game for Justin, a brush and ring for Hannah and he brought me back a beautiful bracelet, ring, thimble, nativity, and two books called Deep Thoughts. Hoorah! We love it when daddy brings back surprises.

When Bruce had unpacked and showered, we left to have dinner at Shomars. One of our friends was having a birthday and several families got together to eat there in celebration. I like Shomars gyro dinner which is made up of seasoned lamb and beef, lettuce, tomato, and onion on pita bread. They are really good. And I love the cucumber sauce that goes on it. Mmmm, now I'm hungry for a gyro!

Our family was going back to the church to catch the bus because our youth choir was going to sing at a Youth Conference about an hour or so away. Brother Fletcher was preaching that conference. His sermon was on the jigsaw puzzle of life and how we need to keep Jesus as the corner piece of our jigsaw. And we don't need to try to make pieces fit together. We need to let Jesus put in the right pieces so that when He has completed us, our jigsaw shows a beautiful journey. It was a good sermon.

I taught Sunday school this morning for my mother who wasn't quite ready to climb steps yet. I taught on King Darius and Daniel. I was pacing back and forth like King Darius and told the children that he was wringing his hands and pacing back and forth, worried about Daniel all night long. I asked them, "Why do you think King Darius was so worried and upset?" Cole said, "Because he signed that stupid law." Everytime I teach that class I get tickled. OH! Kellie, you're going to LOVE this....Benjamin was taking up the offering for the class today and as he approached each child, they were penniless. Absolutelly penniless. I said, "Benjamin, I forgot to ask Brother Bruce for some money for offering." He said, "That's OK, do you have tip money?" I said, "What?" He answered, "Do you have tip money? Like when you go out to eat? Tip money?" I did manage to pull out a dollar in change. That made him very happy. And then he ended up asking Gracie if she had a bank card. HILARIOUS!!!!! Funny stuff from this class, I tell ya. OH, and mom, a few of them saw you in the "big room" as they called it...the sanctuary...and were waiting for you to come up and teach them. They missed you.

After our afternoon nap I woke up with a very bad sore throat again and the right side of my neck was sore. My ear was beginning to hurt too. I would like for this sickness to go away and stay away. I'm sick of being sick!

Brother Bradley and I were able to sing My Friend and I tonight while Mrs. Anna played the piano for us. She did such a fantastic job. Her fingers effortlessly flow across the keys. Very beautiful. I'll admit that as much as I wanted to sing that song, I was kind of hoping Pastor wouldn't call on us because of my throat, but he did and it turned out all right.

Since Christians are boycotting McDonald's now, we were asked to tag along to Dairy Queen, which is apparently the new hot spot for after church on Sunday nights. An ice cream was EXACTLY what I needed for my throat. And boy did it feel good!

I hope you a good weekend also. I'll leave you with a thought from one of the books Bruce bought me...

To me, it's a good idea to always carry
two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if
anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" you can say, "Sorry, got these
sacks."

Labels: ,