Thimble Thoughts: Shots, Snakes, Flowers, and Lunch

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Shots, Snakes, Flowers, and Lunch

My mother needed a nerve blocking shot early Friday morning. Since daddy would be having dialysis during her procedure and she had to have someone there to drive her home, the kids and I spent the night so I could drive her home. As you can see, the sun was just beginning to rise. Mommy was not looking forward to this shot. It didn't take long, but it was going in her spine, so she was a little nervous about it.


She had to fill out her paper work and we noticed that by the marital status, there were these letters: M S D W X
Now, I know that M is for married, S is for single, D is for divorced, W is for widowed, but what is X? We've never seen that before. Anybody know?


They took her to a little room to prep her.....lovely cap, mom.


This was Rebecca, her nurse. She was so sweet. She had one of those soft voices that lets you know she's a gentle and nice person...


...just before she sticks ya! Eww and OW!


They took her away and the next time I saw her she was resting in the "loopy chair."


I got her home and settled with an ice pack on her back and she rested pretty good. Later in the afternoon she came walking down the hall without her cane. Which, if you know mom personally, you know she has to have it. She still had quite a limp, but she was smiling as she walked down the hall. So we're praying that was a good sign the shot was good.

Justin had gone outside to clean their carport and found this lovely dearie hiding in the water hose. He had started cleaning their carport a couple weeks ago and later that evening we ended up killing a baby snake. We thought maybe he had stirred up a nest while he was cleaning and didn't know it. Then he found this bigger one cleaning again yesterday. You know, looking at them doesn't scare me, but watching their tongue flick gives me the heebie-geebies. I do not like that. No one ever did kill it and when we finally got around to killing it, it was gone. We're pretty sure we know where he/she went, but don't know for sure. We'll just have to keep an eye out for it.


Hannah and Harrison planted flowers around daddy's flag pole while he supervised.


It was pretty hot outside and when I brought their drinks out, I was asking Hannah how the planting was going. She said it was going great. I asked her what Paw Paw was doing and she said, "Oh, well, he's just laying around." LOL


You know Bruce takes me out to lunch every Friday. But since he was gone on the fishing trip, my sweet son took me in his dad's place. We ate at the Mountain View Restaurant. It was so good and we had a great time laughing and talking together. Isn't he sweet?


When I got home, I was supposed to go scrapbook with some other ladies whose husbands were on the fishing trip, but I was too tired and wanted to stay home. Not to mention two of the ladies backed out. So Pam and her kids came over here. We ended up not scrapbooking. I just wanted to sit on my couch and do nothing. And that's exactly what I did. They ended up spending the night and this morning Pam took our kids to bus ministry. I thought my parents were going to need me today, but turns out they didn't. Daddy went out to breakfast with my brother John and his son, Michael. And mom was fine. So now I'm going to finish cleaning my house, run some personal errands, and get ready for my husband to return home and a youth meeting we'll be attending tonight.

Hope y'all have a great weekend.

Labels: , , , , , ,