Thimble Thoughts: WHEW!

Sunday, February 03, 2008

WHEW!

Saturday morning we went to my mother-in-law's home for a family get-together. Marie cooked breakfast for lunch. Livermush, bacon, and sausage, eggs, biscuits and gravy, blueberry muffins, grits, and three juices. It was so good!
Mackenzie was content to play with the lamp's plug. Plugging it in and out of the outlet...until I caught her, that is.


Besides eating around the table, there was a lot of story telling, which is usually what takes place when Bruce's family gets together.
(Nikki and Barry)


Here, Brian was telling us about them coming over to visit with Marie one time and Nikki said, "Maw Maw, you got some cookies?" Marie said, "No, honey, I'm sorry. I sure don't." Nikki said, "Well do you got any crumbs?"


They were also telling how Nikki came over and ate a whole pack of cheese, hiding the wrappers under the chair cushions. Nikki obviously felt that everytime she came to Maw Maw's house it was time to eat.
And then there was the time my dear Bruce was upset that his mom didn't have money for a candybar so he threw her purse out the car window. When they got home, she was looking everywhere for it and said, "Where's my purse???" Bruce very matter-of-factly confessed, "I threw it out the window!" His reasoning behind it? If she didn't have money in the purse, she didn't need the dumb purse anyway!


Britt and me



When we left Marie's, we came home for about an hour before going to my friend's birthday party. I put her picture on this CD label because she likes music. This is Amy from Music and Notes. Notice that her label includes songs such as: Loving Brian, Raising Cameron, and Baking Cakes.
Amy is the one that has baked some really neat looking cakes for the last couple of birthday parties we've attended. She's inspired me to try. I don't know how I'll do, but we'll see. I have a feeling they won't be as beautiful as Amy's, but who knows?
Here she is holding a blouse Pam got her. Pam also gave her a brown skirt to go with it. She wore it this morning and looked really good in it.


She's reading the card I gave her here. Yes, the kid on the front has his finger up his nose. The card read, "Birthdays are like boogers..........The more you have, the harder it is to breathe." Yeah, I know....no florals or sweet words. But it made her smile!

Her husband had hamburgers, hotdogs, and all the fixins. Tammy C and Pam made the dessert. After all, we wouldn't want her making her own cake, now would we? We played an interactive game called Would You Rather. It was kind of funny. Strange, but funny.

Us girls went shopping at Burke's Outlet while the guys worked on Brother Joel's building. I had them drop me off back at Pam's so Hannah and I could go to the Rest Home ministry.
Left to right is Sylvia, Freida, Mrs. Catfish, and Mrs. Hazel.


Little Cody was there with his mommy (Michelle) and daddy and big brother.


Brother Mark was on the piano and that's Gary on the bass in the back.


Brother Mike and Brother Todd are playing the guitar and Brother Lipsey is singing.


Bailey (Cody's big brother) played his sax and did a fantastic job! He played I Surrender All.


Daddy preached, probably, one of the best sermons I've ever heard him preach. It was on conquering the giants in your life. It exposed some things in myself and how I've allowed giants to conquer my fears and I've missed the blessing of carrying the giants head to the temple. Daddy used the example of the biggest giant in his life being when my brother killed himself. It was very difficult for me and mom both as we relived that Saturday morning as daddy described in detail the heartbreak and despair he felt inside but decided to kill the giant by giving God the glory. I cried some heavy tears during his sermon, trying to hold back more. But when I got back to the birthday party, I just couldn't hold them in any longer and just kind of lost it. Thankfully, I had a friend there who let me cry on her shoulder and then I was fine. It was a great sermon, Daddy!


Tonight at church we had three young men baptized. Two of them are teenagers, and are also brothers, saved within the last couple of months AND the nephews of Amy...the birthday girl. And the other young man is Benjamin, the nephew of Mrs. Palm Pretty. He got saved last Sunday.


And this is a horrible pic of me, but isn't Mary Elizabeth pretty? I used to babysit her. Now she's in school and getting ready to be a big sister.
Here's a video of my Missy singing Wall of Prayer. Enjoy the video. Hope it's a blessing.

Labels: , , ,