Thimble Thoughts: Something To Blog About!

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Something To Blog About!


Courtney, from Courtney's Contemplations, reminded us that today is the 35th Anniversary of Roe vs Wade. This court battle was an open door to murding millions of babies with the consent of our country's leaders. But did you know that Norma McCorvey ("Jane Roe") became a Christian and recanted the statements she made in court? It was too late by then to take them back. The damage was done. She lives with this everyday. I had her book, Won By Love, and loaned it to someone very dear to me. I've yet to get it back, although I've asked for it several times. I doubt I'll ever see it again. LOL But you know who you are and I love you dearly! ANYWAY, here's a little bit about her. She is Roman Catholic and although I do not believe in Catholicism, I do feel that she accepted Christ. However, I also believe that if she HAS indeed accepted Christ, her sins are forgiven completely and no amount of candle burning and no amount of hail Maries will complete that, because it has already been completed, covered by the blood, lost in the sea of forgetfulness.

At a signing of her first book in 1994, McCorvey was confronted by pro-life activist Flip Benham. Within a year, McCorvey converted to Christianity. On August 8 1995, she was baptized by Benham in a Dallas backyard swimming pool that was filmed for national television. On August 10 of that year, she announced that she had become an advocate of the pro-life movement (specifically, "Operation Rescue"), fighting to make abortion illegal.

She wrote in her book, Won by Love, "I was sitting in O.R.'s offices when I noticed a fetal development poster. The progression was so obvious, the eyes were so sweet. It hurt my heart, just looking at them. I ran outside and finally, it dawned on me. "Norma," I said to myself, "They're right." I had worked with pregnant women for years. I had been through three pregnancies and deliveries myself. I should have known. Yet something in that poster made me lose my breath. I kept seeing the picture of that tiny, 10-week-old embryo, and I said to myself, that's a baby! It's as if blinders just fell off my eyes and I suddenly understood the truth--that's a baby!

I felt "crushed" under the truth of this realization. I had to face up to the awful reality. Abortion wasn't about 'products of conception.' It wasn't about 'missed periods.' It was about children being killed in their mother's wombs. All those years I was wrong. Signing that affidavit, I was wrong. Working in an abortion clinic, I was wrong. No more of this first trimester, second trimester, third trimester stuff. Abortion--at any point--was wrong. It was so clear. Painfully clear."

In 2005, she petitioned the Supreme Court to overturn the 1973 decision, arguing that the case should be heard again in light of evidence that the procedure may harm women, but this petition was denied.

On January 22nd, 2008 McCorvey endorsed Republican Presidential Candidate Ron Paul. McCorvey stated, "I support Ron Paul for president because we share the same goal, that of overturning Roe v. Wade. He has never wavered on the issue of being pro-life and has a voting record to prove it. He understands the importance of civil liberties for all, including the unborn."

This is not an endorsement for Ron Paul from me, (Happymama), but I just wanted you to see that Norma McCorvey is and has been activiely involved all these years in trying to overturn Roe vs Wade. Wouldn't that be a heavy burden to carry?

"Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee;....."
Jeremiah 1:5a