Thimble Thoughts: Worknight

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Worknight


Our Pastor's wife asked if I would be in charge of our Valentine Banquet this year and I told her yes. What was I thinking?? Ha, just kidding! So last night was our first worknight. We had some nice winter decorations up at Christmas, including our very large snowman, so I thought a wintery Valentine would be pretty. I chose white, silver, and two shades of blue for my colors.

Yesterday afternoon I dropped by the church office and Mrs. Janet printed out some things for me that I had done on the computer. I ran them to the Education Station where they had 21 of these things laminated in about 45 seconds. Boy, was I impressed with that! Yes, I've been homeschooling now for 11 years and have NEVER had ANYTHING laminated. Can you believe that? Anyway, I picked up a few window clings while I was there, rushed home to check on the kids because Hannah was babysitting Celine and Carissa. We had a small situation (not with the kids) but with the pets that needed to be dealt with and then I was off again to Party City to purchase my table ware. After leaving Party City I ran back to the church fellowship building to start on our decorations. Several showed up for that and I was happy to see them there.

Thank you:
Taylor
Diane
Gary
Brenda
Amy
Rebecca
Jamie
and Justin
for showing up to work. I really appreciated your help and input!
Thank you, Brother RJ, for coming down to turn the heat on for us. That was very kind of you.....cause it was COLD outside!
And thank you, Brother Harmon, for being home so I could borrow your saws. Which, by the way, are still at the fellowship building in that side room where the cabinets are, on the floor, under some trees, in front of the puppet stand. I can draw you a map if you want, or I could just give them back to you Wednesday night at church.

Mrs. Janet has been scrambling around ordering different decorative papers, finding men in the church to cut down trees (oh I can't wait to see the trees!!) and shopping around for cardboard, concrete, and 10 feet tall wooden dowels. I know what you're thinking....doesn't sound like things for a Valentine's Banquet....right? There's big plans for this stuff, folks. I don't want to reveal too much or share my pictures yet because I don't want people at church to know what they're coming into. But it's going to be very, very pretty! I'm getting a wee bit nervous and excited all at once.

When I got home, after a quick trip to Wal Mart, Mrs. Amanda had called and said that she and Brother Chris were on their way to pick up the girls. So Celine, Hannah and I quickly worked on one other project for the banquet before they got here. Celine looooooooves to help, you know. Carissa was passed out in her jammies, slippers, and coat waiting on her mommy and daddy to get here. Slumpped over on her side, she looked rather uncomfortable, and yet she never budged. In fact, she woke up and smiled at her daddy.

Labels: ,