Thimble Thoughts: I Assure You, It Is NOT Mother's Day!

Thursday, February 28, 2008

I Assure You, It Is NOT Mother's Day!

All right, today's post is for "Little" John O' and his friend that were in a panic the other day when they read this post....

Remember how Bruce went to have lunch with his mom last week? And I went to have lunch with my mom on the same day? And I titled my post It's Mother's Day! Well, two mothers were frantically called by very remorseful sons who are in Bible college way out yonder in California, apologizing for forgetting Mother's Day.

Now, boys, haven't you been sons long enough to know that Mother's Day is always in the spring? And that Mother's Day is ALWAYS on a Sunday? And that Mother's Day is never, NEVER in Februrary??? I mean, FEBRUARY!!!! Wasn't that a clue? Are you studying so hard for exams that you THOUGHT it was May?

I suppose I should take some sort of blame for this kafuffle, but honestly boys, did you even READ the post? I also suppose it's comforting for these mother's to know that if their sons, did in fact, forget Mother's Day, they would feel extremely sorrowful.

Quite honestly, I've gotten myself a nice little chuckle out of this story tonight. Mainly because I know "Little" John well enough to know that if he gets around to reading today's post, he'll just hang his head, wag it back and forth, all the while wearing that grin of his that only he has.

Fret not, Dear John, you have until Sunday, May 11, before it is TRULY Mother's Day.

Photobucket

Labels: