Thimble Thoughts: Chili and Unexpected Invitations

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Chili and Unexpected Invitations

I made chili the other night and used Bruce's Uncle Robert's recipe. It was so good. I fixed my pintos and then added meat, salsa, chili powder to taste, and topped it off with cheese and sour cream. It was really good. A little spicier than what I like, but that's because one of the jars of salsa I used was Hot and I didn't realize it. I've never used salsa in my chili and it gave it the perfect kick!


Justin went to bus ministry this morning with Jeremy but called from Jeremy's grandparent's home and said it had been cancelled because the bad weather was moving in. He had also found out that the youth activity tonight was cancelled because of the weather also and wanted to know if he and Jeremy could go get something to eat. They ate at a place called Bolton's Grill. One of those hometown grills where they overstuff everything in giant sizes. For teenage boys, that's the perfect place to go! They came here for a little while after they ate and wanted to go to Jeremy's brother's game. So they went to that and back to Jeremy's grandparent's home. Of course, everything was cancelled for no reason, considering the weather men were WAY wrong about a snow storm coming this direction. Nothin'! We got NOTHIN'! A little rain and that was it. The kids were really disappointed.

We had decided that since everything was cancelled we would settle in for pizza and a DVD with Hannah and Harrison. But just as we were going to do that, Pam called and wanted to know if we would like to come for Tex-Mex. Well, duh! Who doesn't like tex-mex? Needless to say, we were not the only ones there. I was glad to see that Pam got her new furniture. It was so pretty and nice. A compromise between she and Joel, you might say. Being a man, he wanted several recliners all the way around and being a woman, she wanted regular house furniture that was comfy and traditional for entertaining. LOL The compromise is that out of this comfy traditional furniture, they have five recliners. There's something to be said for compromise!


The kids gathered around the table for their supper. left to right is Nicole, Hannah, and Cheyenne.


Cheyenne


This is Abigale. She was lovin' her chips and cheese sauce! So much that she not only ate it, but decided to wash her hair with it.

Naomi is just too cute not to photograph. Look at her eyes!


While the guys played a video game, us girls gathered for a game of marbles.


I WON!!!the first game. Then we teamed up. Tammy and Amy won the second game and me and Pam won the third game.


I've always loved the little pudgy fingers of a baby. Always searching for something to find and play with. Always touching and feeling new things.
I washed my hands this morning
so clean and pearly white
I lift them up to Jesus
to work for Him 'til night.

Labels: ,