Thimble Thoughts: Always On His Mind

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Always On His Mind


Wednesday night at Prayer Revival, Brother Beckum preached on how our Father always has us on His mind.

Matthew 6:8 "Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him."

"Them" referring to the heathen. Don't be like the heathen wringing our hands and wondering what we're going to do to meet our needs. God already knows those needs and He will take care of it. He knows our needs before we even open our mouth in prayer. Everything is under control. He knows our needs, our pain, and His eye is upon us.

Psalm 40:17 "But I am poor and needy; yet the LORD thinketh upon me: thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God."

He always thinks of us and intercedes for us. Why? Because we are His children and He loves His children!

Psalm 40:5 "Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered."

There is no way we can tell all the blessings He bestows on us. Do we stop and thank Him for those blessings or expect them? We need to learn to stop and just say, "Thank you, Father, I love you." How often do we tell Him we love Him?

Isaiah 49:15 "Can a woman forget her suckling child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee."

Mothers murder their children every single day. Leave them abandoned in alley-ways. Leave them to fend for themselves. She can forget her children, but God will NOT! He does nothing but love and help His children. He has never forgotten them.

Psalm 77:7-9 "Will the Lord cast off for ever? and will he be favourable no more? Is his mercy clean gone for ever? doth his promise fail for evermore? Hath God forgotten to be gracious? hath he in anger shut up his tender mercies? Selah."

Churches today are not praying. And they're not praying because Christians are living in verses 7,8,&9. Has God forgotten who He is?? NO!! He has not forgotten. He has not forgotten His children. We need Him to remind us that He is there. We need to get in verses 10,11, & 12. "And I said, This is my infirmity: but I will remember the years of the right hand of the most High. I will remember the works of the LORD: surely I will remember thy wonders of old. I will meditate also of all thy work, and talk of thy doings." When you're low in spirit, write down your blessings and tell the Devil to take a hike! Meditate on the blessings. You'll start bragging on His goodness. If you're in verses 7, 8, &9, you're living in sin as the heathen. He's not hearing your prayers if you're living in sin. He wants the church to be a praying church that He can hear. We need to ask God to help us to remember His goodness. No one has ever loved us like Jesus.

Labels: , ,