Thimble Thoughts: Ladies Conference, Gospel Light Baptist Church, 2007

Monday, November 05, 2007

Ladies Conference, Gospel Light Baptist Church, 2007

Hannah and I left the house Friday morning around 8:00 AM. We were so excited about our trip and couldn't wait to get started. We stopped for a bite of breakfast, ran to the bank, and picked up Mrs. April before heading to the church.

When we got there, we loaded up, had prayer with our Pastor, and hit the road. We drove for a good bit before stopping at the Concord Mills Mall for lunch and power shopping. What a great time that was! I love that mall. I found Hannah a light kit that goes to a Japanese lantern I bought her the last time I was there. I don't know why I didn't get the light kit to begin with. That was so crazy. Anyway, I shopped with Mrs. Cammie, Mrs. Kellie, Hannah and her friend Jessie. We all met for lunch in the food court. Well, most of us did. Shopped a little more and was back on the road.

After everyone showed what they bought, passed around the brownies and other homemade treats, we settled down for the rest of the trip.

We arived at our hotel around 3:30. We stayed at the Baymont Inn....I think. Now I can't remember the name of it. LOL Anyway, we made it to the Gospel Light Baptist Church for supper. They fed us our choice of shaved roast beef or ham hoagie sandwiches, grilled onions and green peppers, shredded cheese, potato chips, dill pickle spears, orange or lime sherbert, iced tea, lemonade, or coffee. Sounds yummy, doesn't it? It was!

There were booths set up in the gym where we ate and we had a chance to do a little more shopping before the first session.

We made our way into the church and that's where it got good! I'll share more about that tomorrow.

Labels: , ,