Thimble Thoughts

Monday, October 08, 2007

Mom called Friday and said she had acquired some tickets for a spaghetti dinner at our local high school. Bruce was working and Justin was actually already at the school for a football game with a friend and his family from church. So Hannah, Harrison, and I waited for mom and dad to get to the school.

Isn't she sweet?


Him too? :)


The school was Kings Mountain High School. This is where Bruce graduated high school from.


Mom misbehaved in the school and they put her behind bars.


Like Grandmother, like grandson...What am I going to do with these two?

The dinner was wonderful, plus it was free. You can't beat that! And we came to realize that my mother knows everyone in Kings Mountain. There were probably three hundred people in the cafeteria eating and she knew about all of 'em from the bank. lol We had a lot of fun.

Saturday was Rest Home ministry, as I mentioned in the post below, and we had such a good time. The hightlight of the evening was seeing daddy there preaching again. It was so good. Yes, I took a picture of him praying. But it was right when he started praying. So it doesn't count.


Mom enjoyed herself when we all sang I'll Fly Away.


Mrs. Massmore and Mrs. Gail were having a good time too. I featured Mrs. Massmore in a Faith Baptist Senior Moment. She's a member of our church and a resident at the rest home we visited Saturday.


Justin, Brandon, and Gary played the trumpet. They played I Surrender All.


Mrs. Doris sang a song I have never heard before. It's an old song, and I do hope she does it again sometime.


And Brother Ray sang In The Cross. This particular hymn has always been a favorite of mine and I just cry everytime I hear it.


Even Celine got up and sang. She grabbed the mic and sang Jesus Loves Me. She did so good. I hope she has the opportunity to sing again. Somehow I think she will.


Afte the service, the residents like to hear us sing and play the instruments. We spent an extra 45 minutes to an hour with them and they just loved it.


Carissa was even there. Nothing makes an elderly person smile bigger than a beautiful, curly-headed younin'.


Singing here is Mrs. Sylvia, Brother Ray, Brother Mike, and Brother Andrew, with Brother Mark at the piano.


This lady was about to bust if she didn't hurry and get a hug from Carissa who was dancing to the music. lol


These ladies were so sweet. I just loved talking with them. Especially the one in the yellow. Hilarious!


The boys were playing with the piano after the service. Justin was having fun with his trumpet as they played What A Friend We Have In Jesus. You can click here to hear that.


Sunday was our church's 55th Anniversary. We had a homecoming meal after the morning service and it was so good. Bruce looked at all the food and decided he was just going to get a small spoonful of each thing. By the time he got to the table it looked like he was holding Mount Rushmore. LOL


Daddy enjoyed his time too.


Sunday night, I had nursery with Cassie. She's sporting her pink polka dots.


I came out to grab some pictures of our bus kids. They sang songs and quoted scripture. It's always sweet when they come up to do that. They sang one song that was so sweet. It was just a wonderful song of worship. It's called Lord, I Want To Love You More. Click here to hear that.


When Sunday morning service and lunch was over, we went to the fair grounds to pick up Harrison's check. He grinned form ear to ear when they gave him his whole $1.00 for participating in the exhibits.

Labels: , ,